Just How Much of a Hot Toys Figure is Diecast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was told that a Diecast 1/6 Hot Toys figure is generally about 80%

Is this true? I'm sure you more knowledgeable freaks will know.

Don't believe it's anywhere near that much, but not owning one I couldn't give you a certain answer. Might want to post this in the Marvel forum as the Iron Man series is their Diecast line.

Near the release time of the Die Cast Robocop someone did an analysis--it is no where near 80% on that figure more like 40%--you can search that thread to get the low-down.

Its still just an excuse to jack the price up for no displayble difference from plastic. I really wish they would stop it or offer non-diecast versions for those that don’t care.

From what I can remember off the top of my head, the only pieces that are diecast on the 1/4 endoskeleton are the biceps, thighs, pelvis and shins.
a terminator definitely has a diecast pelvis and balls.

Near the release time of the Die Cast Robocop someone did an analysis--it is no where near 80% on that figure more like 40%--you can search that thread to get the low-down.

you should ask what exactly they meant. for example, it's easy to believe that 80% of a figure's weight is diecast :lol

I had a broken piece for my Neon Tech Iron Man when it arrived. SS sent me a replacement body, 33 days after I sent email, but I digress. When I pulled head, arms, amd legs off the only heavy diecast parts were the legs. Not impressed by this discovery. I have 10 other diecast iron men and don’t really want to pull body parts to find out. When you look closely at all the armour and touch it, it’s not diecast. Disappointing for sure, definitely seems like a money grab. Give less, charge more. Like someone posted above, heavy does not equal better but many of us think it does.

Back