How do you price your figures when selling?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFanatic

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, I will be selling most of my collection soon and I was wondering how you guys find the best price for your figures. Not necessarily the highest price, but the most fair. I only sold one figure so far and considering the amount of people that messaged me and one comment on how good the price was I've been wondering if I priced right.

Is looking at the completed listings and sold items on ebay a good way to get an approximate price on what I should be asking?

Like, right now I want to sell a HT Avengers Cap but I can't decide on a price.

Any tips or advice?

Checking prices on E-bay is always good but remember to factor in e-bay/paypal fees in your asking price if your doing buy it now auctions. It's always nice to make some $ if you can, asking full blown retail aftermarket prices is a bit ridiculous and you could be sitting on it for while. If one of your figures is the only one listed that could also help sell it faster. With buy it now/best offer, list it for more so you can negotiate down to what you want or are willing to let it go for. Post office it always cheaper than UPS/Fed-Ex, always get a signature and tracking info and insurance. That way your covered if something goes wrong and you can offset some of that cost in your asking price.

Checking prices on E-bay is always good but remember to factor in e-bay/paypal fees in your asking price if your doing buy it now auctions. It's always nice to make some $ if you can, asking full blown retail aftermarket prices is a bit ridiculous and you could be sitting on it for while. If one of your figures is the only one listed that could also help sell it faster. With buy it now/best offer, list it for more so you can negotiate down to what you want or are willing to let it go for. Post office it always cheaper than UPS/Fed-Ex, always get a signature and tracking info and insurance. That way your covered if something goes wrong and you can offset some of that cost in your asking price.

Thanks Pork Chop! Those were all great tips, man. I might turn to ebay to try to make some extra cash on the few rare figures I have and try to sell the rest at FB groups.

Back