SDCC Complete Panel Listings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Josh, it seems like every year I miss out on the cool panels. I'm making it a point to attend at least a few this year!

No problem. I've got a couple written down. I'm a little bummed I'm gonna miss the SS one but I'll be around them enough to get what was said.

sigh Decisions, decisions. I know Ill do nething to get into the Kevin Smith panel and a few others. The Buffy season 8 panel with Joss looks exciting, followed by a screening of OMWF later that night. Anyone know the rules on cameras in the panels?

The Iron Man presentation, originally part of the Paramount Pictures panel on Thursday, now moves to Saturday, July 28 as part of the Marvel Studios Incredible Hulk panel, from 4:15pm to 5:15pm in Hall H. Director Jon Favreau and star Robert Downey Jr. will appear on this panel on Saturday.

Ok, who's with me for this one!!! :chew:chew:chew

Saturday
3:30-4:30 Futurama—Matt Groening is proud to announce the long-awaited return of the animated sci-fi comedy classic Futurama! Matt and executive producer David X. Cohen will be on the dais, accompanied by writer Ken Keeler, animation directors Peter Avanzino and Dwayne Carey-Hill, and for the first time together on stage in any universe, actors Billy West (Fry), Katey Sagal (Leela), John DiMaggio (Bender),and Maurice LaMarche (Kif Kroker)!The cast and crew will entertain your questions and present a sneak peek at Bender’s Big Score! in glorious wide-screen format! Moderated by Bill Morrison. Ballroom 20

First time Katey Sagal will be with them. I'd imagine this will be impossible to get into, like ALL Saturday panels.

Well, depending on how highly anticipated it is and this looks like it will be popular. You might want to see what one is before it and start getting in line while that's going on or even go see the one before it.

The Iron Man presentation, originally part of the Paramount Pictures panel on Thursday, now moves to Saturday, July 28 as part of the Marvel Studios Incredible Hulk panel, from 4:15pm to 5:15pm in Hall H. Director Jon Favreau and star Robert Downey Jr. will appear on this panel on Saturday.

:rock :rock :rock

Here's a list of the panels that I plan to try and attend:

THURSDAY
11:00-12:00: DVD Sneak Peak 2007
1:00-2:00: Sideshow Collectibles: From Concept to Collectible
1:30-3:30: Paramount Pictures
3:45-5:15: Lionsgate
8:30-10:30: World Premiere! Superman Doomsday

FRIDAY
10:30-11:30: Great Star Wars Books and Book News
11:30-12:30: Star Wars Day: What’s New and What’s Coming from Hasbro
-OR-
10:30-12:00: Warner Bros (for the "Watchmen" stuff... and Kate Beckinsale :monkey5 )
12:30-1:30: LucasArts
2:30-4:30: Dimension Films: Halloween and The Mist
5:00-6:00: Star Wars at 30 Years with Steve Sansweet

SATURDAY
1:30-2:30: Spotlight on David Morrell w/ Max Allan Collins
4:15-5:00: Marvel Studios
6:00-7:00: Indyfans and the Quest for Fortune and Glory

I'll be at the Con as a Professional Guest, but they actually forgot to schedule me for my 2 panels. :lol No complaints here... that just means I have more free time for fun! :rock I mainly plan on hanging with Josh, Lonnie and the SSF crew but will also spend some time in Artists Alley with my pals Sarah Wilkinson, Steve Niles, Matt Busch, and Adam Hughes/Allison Sohn. And I'm supposed to hang with the R2 Builders guys and the LFL folks at some point as well. Not to mention all the time I'll spend in the Dealers Room tracking down exclusives and such! Come to think of it, it's a good thing I don't have any committments to the con as my schedule as I'll be busy as it is! :monkey1

Ok, who's with me for this one!!! :chew:chew:chew

Saturday
3:30-4:30 Futurama—Matt Groening is proud to announce the long-awaited return of the animated sci-fi comedy classic Futurama! Matt and executive producer David X. Cohen will be on the dais, accompanied by writer Ken Keeler, animation directors Peter Avanzino and Dwayne Carey-Hill, and for the first time together on stage in any universe, actors Billy West (Fry), Katey Sagal (Leela), John DiMaggio (Bender),and Maurice LaMarche (Kif Kroker)!The cast and crew will entertain your questions and present a sneak peek at Bender’s Big Score! in glorious wide-screen format! Moderated by Bill Morrison. Ballroom 20

I would love to do that one. Problem is... it overlaps with the big Marvel thing. :( :monkey2

Yeah, now that Dave reminded me that it's on Saturday, it doesn't look as promising if I have to use up half a day just for a one hour panel... but then again, it is Futurama! :D

I didn't attend any panels last year Dave, how long in advance do I need to be there if I really want to get in?

If there is a panel you really want to see the best bet is to get to it a panel before. If said panel is in Hall H on Friday or Saturday though I'd get to it at least 2 panels before. Hall H has lots of people that clear out of it after each panel but there's always just as many people waiting to get into it. If there's a panel in a smaller room (ie: not Ballroom 20 or Hall H) and if the panel looks like it would be something popular then getting to the room at least 2 panels before is a good idea. Last year they put a Bruce Campbell panel in a freaking small room and getting to it a panel ahead of it didn't work (the line was HUGE).

If there is a panel you really want to see the best bet is to get to it a panel before. If said panel is in Hall H on Friday or Saturday though I'd get to it at least 2 panels before. Hall H has lots of people that clear out of it after each panel but there's always just as many people waiting to get into it. If there's a panel in a smaller room (ie: not Ballroom 20 or Hall H) and if the panel looks like it would be something popular then getting to the room at least 2 panels before is a good idea. Last year they put a Bruce Campbell panel in a freaking small room and getting to it a panel ahead of it didn't work (the line was HUGE).

Don't they make EVERYONE clear out of a Hall after a panel, though??

Yeah, now that Dave reminded me that it's on Saturday, it doesn't look as promising if I have to use up half a day just for a one hour panel... but then again, it is Futurama! :D

The Disney panel slightly overlaps the Futurama panel it looks like. Lots of people tend to go to the Disney panels I've found. Ballroom 20 is still a pretty big room and though Furturama has it's fanbase I get the feeling that you shouldn't have a problem getting into the panel if you go one panel ahead of it at some point.

Back