Marvel Archive-Thor set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

Viking28

Just recieved mine today #24, a lot more heavier than it looks and this piece is awesome. The stand is great looking yea the Thor name could of been a different color but it takes nothing away from the piece with the color it is. The helmet great and the hammer even has leather wrapped around the handle.
A very cool set cant wait to see what else is in store for us.

This is turning out to be a dream team up between Sideshow and the Gore Group.

Viking, I just received mine today also! # 23 neener neener :poke

Can't wait to get it home and open it up! :banana

I still have to wait until tomorrow. One more day, it just might kill me ya know. :x

I'm getting it tomorrow as well and it happens to be Thursday, "THOR'S day"!:vik

It's a great piece, but I agree, the Thor name was not a good idea, it makes it look cheap, when in fact it is extremely well made with leather straps for the handle. The helm is great and the stand very interesting looking and nordic.

I really like the logo and the fact that it's in the traditional Thor colors. Otherwise it's not immediately clear to "non-believers" what it is. But with the logo - there is no moment of - "...a winged helmet and a big hammer............oh!"

This is turning out to be a dream team up between Sideshow and the Gore Group.

Understatement of the year. :rock

*waits sheepishly for pink slip in the mail*

*waits sheepishly for pink slip in the mail*
NOOOO! You're the only one who can do my 1:1 slave Leia!

...I mean, 1/4....right...the premium format...

I just got #45!:banana

Yep, it awesome! I'm actually going to display it between Alex Ross' THOR: GODDESS of Thunder bust and Andy's 1602 Thor statue! A:vik nd to root them to the more "traditional" artwork, I may hang a large blowup portrait of Kirby's Thor behind the three. A sort of THOR "shrine"!

so is this an obvious sign that a 1/4 scale Thor is on the way?
a la the 1/4 scale Samaritan being sold which was just the gun for the 1/4 Hellboy fig.

I don't think there is necessarily a 1/4 Thor coming. This Marvel Archive line is a seperate thing and there isn't likely to be crossover.

It would be a travesty not to have a 1/4 thor, between the clothing and sculpt he ideal for mix media....

Well I just receive #56. And I am very impressed with it. Looks outstanding.

I am also amazed at Fedex, it appears they have stepped it up a notch. The box had had something poke into it with such force that it went all the way through the styrofoam packing. I had to peel the outer box away in order to slip the styrfoam out, then my heart sank as I realized the puncture went completely through the styrofoam to the piece itself. Once I finally got the seal broken and examined the interior, I was relieve that nothing vital had been damaged. It had poked through near the helmet and by some miracle hadn't actually made contact with anything bad enough to hurt it.

Makes me wonder what Fedex was doing with the package. Target practice with javelins or something :google

Ox funny thing is there wassome "poked" holes in the out side shipping box on mine! Like something was thrown at it, but it just dented the regular box....Intresting.

I will say mine also had holes in and ding in the bottom, but the product was mint

That is funny!!

Fortunately my helmet was not damaged. So it is all displayed proudly now. I guess I got real lucky this time.

Back