BROKEN AGAIN - Medicom Spiderman3 - I think I hate MEDICOM!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todoelresto

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I’m sorry to make a new post about the Medicom Spiderman but I really want to talk about the quality of the Medicom products.
I just got the Medicom Spiderman 3 RAH 12” (blue and red), I take it out from the box, take the webbing action hand, put it on his arm, and when I moved and made the first articulation of this hand, BOILA! It just broke like a piece of bread :monkey2
Let’s see, I’m a collector since a long time ago, I take care of all my things, I can say I’m a maniac about all my collectibles and I can say that never use them to play or use it in an aggressive way. No matter what but it seems that Medicom is having a big problem with their plastics.
This is not the first time that happened to me that a hand or foot articulation from Medicom just breaks in front of my eyes like a piece of bread. Friends of mine had the same problems with others figures too. I’m very disappointed about those products, and I hate to say that but I think I’m going to stop buying it. I have HotToys, Sideshow and Takara figures and never, never happened anything like this.
I just wanted to tell you that not just like a warning, I just wanted to write this post because I’m very angry about all this thing :mad: Maybe I had bad luck, maybe not.
Thanks to hear (or read) my words guys :eek:
By the way, did anyone see a hand on ebay :rolleyes: ?

spidhand2.jpg

spidhand1.jpg

spidhand.jpg

just glue the peg back on man. you wont see it once it's in his wrist anyway.

yeah let the epoxy dry a bit so it gets thick and sticky,then press the pieces together and hold them there for a few minutes.

Daaaaaaaaamn! I feel SO lucky now. Out of all the Medicom figures I've owned, and considering how rough I can be, I've STILL never had one break. That sucks, but luckily it's not a joint or anything.

Happen to me too on the wall gripping hand... My favourite one!! Haven't fixed it yet... I'll get around to fixing it one day... It's going to need some work is all!

yea they use cheap as@ plastic. ive had 2 breaks from basic posing and a few cracks on brand new figures. i think they are sacrificing the thickness of the plastics to try to make the figures lighter but ive gotten pretty tired of it.

Overall, the quality of the SPidey 3 figures was poor. While the costumes may have looked good, the extras and quality weren't up to other Medicom releases.

Hmmm, I've never had breakage with any of my Medicom figures (except one who did a header off a shelf). But I don't own any of the SM3 figures... so that could be a specific QC problem.

But like the others said, epoxy can be your friend on this one.

I have a few Medi's and the quality of the Spidey 3 figures is poor. I like the material used for the costumes, but everthing else seems like they went on the cheap. My biggest gripe is the lack of additional hands. I own the original Medi Comic Spidey and he came with about 6 hands and his web lines. The Metal Gear Snake figure came with several about 6 extra hands and a kick@$$ costume. Even the Batman Begins figure had several extras. While I like these newest figures, they are the lowest in the quality department.

Well,better it be one of the hands than the actual body.The hands are easily replaceable compared to the body.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Daaaaaaaaamn! I feel SO lucky now. Out of all the Medicom figures I've owned, and considering how rough I can be, I've STILL never had one break. That sucks, but luckily it's not a joint or anything.

yeah I have over 10 medi figures and none have broken.

Only 1 of 8 broke on me, so consider me lucky! I do think one of the issues with the Spidey 3 figs is they were rushed if you ask me, QC may have taken a hit as a result.

Great. I have this to look forward to. Just nabbed one off ebay last week. For the money I paid this is nothing but a disgrace. Where is the customer service? They don't even send you out a tube of epoxy, or is this just slang for their product? You have to go out and buy your own. They could have at least included a tube of Tarzans grip.

Hmmmm....I received my Spiderman 3 black and blue & red suited figures along with Venom about a month ago and haven't even taken them out of the boxes yet. Maybe I need to do a little QC on them after reading this......

Back