Jedi Roll Call

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Cruel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's see your group shots everyone. My end intention is to take a shot of all of the Jedi (that we have recieved at the time) in a group shot with some kneeling and some standing. But not all in the same pose. Maybe then another with them fighting together (not against each other...maybe like back-to-back). But I also like the simple, neutral poses. They can send a message if they are done correctly.

DSC03578a.jpg

This is a good idea. I think the best one so far was Maulfans controversial class picture.

I know he posted a couple and I don't know for sure if this is the one BadMoon is talking about but its the one I saved.

SideshowStarWars.jpg

That's the reinterpretation someone else made. I don't have the original anymore but this was the photo for it.

ssc_group.jpg

Last edited:
Yep that's the class pic. I love that shot! Maul do you have any tutorials on PS the sabers?

Darth Sheba said:
What's so controversial about that pic, other than it's a canon-buster? :p :lol

The content wasn't the controversy. Another artist took my original image and made the one Madden posted and I made a comment on it that blew up with few people who had no business getting involved, the artist and I cleared things up and it's over now.

BadMoon said:
Maul do you have any tutorials on PS the sabers?

The settings vary from image to image, but basically I do it in 4 layers.

Top to Bottom:

White Blade
Tint of saber color very close to white for small glow around the blade
Blade color with layer mode set to Screen
Blade color (larger than first blade color layer) with layer mode set to screen and opacity at about 50%

MaulFan said:
The content wasn't the controversy. Another artist took my original image and made the one Madden posted and I made a comment on it that blew up with few people who had no business getting involved, the artist and I cleared things up and it's over now.

So thats what it was... I couldn't remember all the details either. Maybe I should save your version and ditch the other one. :D

On another note I wish to heck I had photoshop (and good photography skills) so I could do cool pictures like these.

Don't worry about it, it's water under the bridge at this point. Photoshop is nice, and fun, but certainly not cheap, it's like $500, I only have it cuz it's my profession but if i were just casually messing around I probably wouldn't invest in it. Same goes for my camera equipment and everything, it's for my career, I just use it on my collectibles and in turn it helps me improve skills and learn new things.

MaulFan said:
Don't worry about it, it's water under the bridge at this point. Photoshop is nice, and fun, but certainly not cheap, it's like $500, I only have it cuz it's my profession but if i were just casually messing around I probably wouldn't invest in it. Same goes for my camera equipment and everything, it's for my career, I just use it on my collectibles and in turn it helps me improve skills and learn new things.

Actually, it's more like $800 if you don't have an existing upgradable version.

Yeah, I remember the night that modified picture popped up. Quite a few insults and profanities thrown around. Peacemakers and agitators getting into the thick of it with mixed results.

Certainly wasn't pretty.

That's why I'm glad I watermark nearly everything... :D

Just the same, MF...awesome work! I will very likely not get PS unless I can find an outdated version cheap. But I do like to take pics of the collection.

Back