MaulFan's Photography

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I've only been doing photography for a few years now; as part of my graphics classes in college, I ended up having to get a camera to have original photos for my class projects. My first camera was a Nikon 4mp, then in 2005 I bought a Canon PowerShot Pro1 8mp and at this point, and I've really come to love Canon all around, pretty soon I'll be upgrading to my first SLR. My favorite things to photograph are natural things, I love the imbalance of elements that you find in nature, and the way light and shadow work over anatomy of living things exposing the underlying musculature. I also enjoy the fun of shooting sports and being able to capture action in split second moments and being able to see things like you never get to watching them live or on TV.

I'll post this first wave of photos in groups by the subject matter. These photos represent my work from 2004 - 2006. I'll start with my landscape work.

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

P4.jpg

P5.jpg

P6.jpg

P9.jpg

P10.jpg

P11.jpg

P15.jpg

That's a very handsome iguana! Not yours by any chance, is he? Really fine camera work, man! We seem to have very much the same taste in subject matter. I always enjoy looking at these kinds of photos by other people. Hope you post some more like this! :cool:

Mudshark said:
That's a very handsome iguana! Not yours by any chance, is he? Really fine camera work, man! We seem to have very much the same taste in subject matter. I always enjoy looking at these kinds of photos by other people. Hope you post some more like this! :cool:

Sorry Dru, the iguana isn't mine. All of my animal photos come from zoos, aquariums, etc.

MaulFan said:
Sorry Dru, the iguana isn't mine. All of my animal photos come from zoos, aquariums, etc.

Yeah, I thought not. Just havin' a bit of fun with ya there. Btw, I've got a pic of an absolutely magnificent iguana to share with you if you're interested, but I'll have to do a little digging for it. LMK if you'd like to see him.

Mudshark said:
Yeah, I thought not. Just havin' a bit of fun with ya there. Btw, I've got a pic of an absolutely magnificent iguana to share with you if you're interested, but I'll have to do a little digging for it. LMK if you'd like to see him.

That'd be good, don't go crazy trying to track it down but if it's easy enough I'd enjoy that. I like some lizards cuz I grew up loving Godzilla movies, still do, and it's kinda like real life monsters so to speak.

MaulFan said:
That'd be good, don't go crazy trying to track it down but if it's easy enough I'd enjoy that. I like some lizards cuz I grew up loving Godzilla movies, still do, and it's kinda like real life monsters so to speak.

It won't be that hard to find, it's in a file on my desktop somewhere. Just have to upload it to photobucket. I've always loved lizards and I used to keep lots of different kinds when I was a kid. The iguana I mentioned reminds me of the kind of big lizards they used to paste fins on to use as "dinosaurs" or dragons in old black and white films. He would have been perfect for that. Anyway, you can see him for yourself when I locate the pic!

might be worthwhile making your file sizes much smaller Maul..... I'm on a fast connection here, (4Mb) and your page takes ages to load. Then I checked the images... the first one I checked was over 830Kb!

I try never to have any images on a webpage over 100k

great pics though :)

Thanks for the tip Darren, I have cable modem so I have a hard time judging how it could be for others, plus in my professional work, I design to faster speeds because that's the sort of clients I aim for. I shrank em down and thinned out a few that were nice but close enough to others I could remove repetition.

Back