Look what we´ve got here in Spain for 3 months!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarenRoss

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yay!!!

The exhibition of the official props, costumes, jewellery and weapons used in the movies!!

https://www.fundacioncaixagalicia.org/esdla-la-exposicion/index_en.html

It´s at the other side of the country from where I live but I am going to try to go!
It isn´t allowed to take pics but I will try anyway if I go, at least with my cell phone.

Here are some pics I found of what´s displayed there:

Loving that Boromir! I want one!

:chew :chew :chew

Oh, now that's cool. You've got to go to that Karen. And I hope you can snap a few shots off for all of us to see.:D

I saw the exhibition in Berlin in april I think it was... It was great.. The gift-shop is however a joke!!! With a six legged shelob etc.

I saw it the same time The Lord of the Rings symphony played..Which was beyond greatness! No words can describe it!

Calle_Sandell said:
I saw the exhibition in Berlin in april I think it was... It was great.. The gift-shop is however a joke!!! With a six legged shelob etc.

I saw it the same time The Lord of the Rings symphony played..Which was beyond greatness! No words can describe it!

So do you suggest me to go? is it worth the travelling?

KarenRoss said:
So do you suggest me to go? is it worth the travelling?

Well, It depends on how big of a LOTR fan you are.. I travelled all the way from Sweden to Berlin, but that was also for the concert.

But if you are in the same country and have the possibillty to go I really can recommend you going. The costumes, replicas and all other stuff is awesome!

I was stunned by the Cave Troll and Orc bursting thru in Moria in 1:1 scale :O

If the exhibition came to Sweden I wouldn't mind going again...

Hope that helps...

lando6qvjy1.jpg

That's awesome!! I wish something like that would come to the Kansas City area just once.

I got to go twice when it was in Houston. The Boromir alone is worth it.

KarenRoss said:
Yeah he´s the one I wanna see over all!
You won't be disappointed. It looks just like Sean Bean. It was by far my favorite part of the whole exhibition. I just wish they had allowed pictures.

Yeah I made a trip to Boston also it see it and yes it was amazing. Being able to walk around the costumes and study details that weren't even shown on camera like the all the tiny horse embossing on Theoden's armor and whatnot. The Boromir is an especially awe inspiring work of art. I studied it and all the mirco detail that went into making it for a long time. If you get the chance you should definitely go.

Entropy Chicken said:
Yeah I made a trip to Boston also it see it and yes it was amazing. Being able to walk around the costumes and study details that weren't even shown on camera like the all the tiny horse embossing on Theoden's armor and whatnot.
Man I love Theoden's armor. Another one that was impressive was the armor of the Galadhrim.

I saw the same exhibit during my trip in Sydney, Australia around 2 years ago. It was phenomenal!

Back