UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vader AL

RTR
Reaction score
Just figured we needed an ongoing thread to discuss the fights, etc.

Good fights tonight on Spike...Penn destroyed Pulver.

rabidwolverine21 said:
yea i was going for penn all the way,the dislocation of many's shoulder surprised the heck out of me, i figured him to beat diaz.

no kidding, what about the guy knocking himself out with the take-down. craziness.

rabidwolverine21 said:
yea there can be some weird endings to fights in the ufc. I would like to see a controlled fight between the two that got kicked off for the drunken brawl.

that was an awesome episode. i missed them all this season but watched most of them today with the marathon they had and that was a crazy fight.

rabidwolverine21 said:
yea i love anything involved with the ufc, i wrestled for 6 years in high school, so watching that is a whole lot better then getting my wrestling from the wwe:rotfl :rotfl

i had to take a wrestling class in college as well as boxing and i truley respect the shape those guys have to be in for the mixed martial arts stuff.

great show overall.

BJ held on to that choke a lil long there :lol

occulum said:
great show overall.

yeah i noticed that...i think it was intentional. He played it off though.

occulum said:
great show overall.

I dont know about you guys but I had my thumbs pointed "downwards" :D:D

rabidwolverine21 said:
yea i love anything involved with the ufc, i wrestled for 6 years in high school, so watching that is a whole lot better then getting my wrestling from the wwe:rotfl :rotfl

Likewise, I wrestled for 7 years and the UFC is the closest I have seen to remind me of that. It was odd though, the shoulder Manny dislocated, it wasn't the should he was shooting in with, it was the shoulder Diaz was blocked, kind of odd. You would think it would be his left should that dislocated. We all knew that BJ Penn was going to destroy Pulver. I mean come on, would like to see Pulver fight at 145 pounds though. I really hope BJ Penn stays with the lightweights and goes for the title. He would DESTROY sean sherk. Seeing matt hughes upset made the night for me, the little stupid *$&%^$^. I like Pulver, but I hate Hughes more. George Huerta won again, that guy is going to be a champion someday I think.

collegiate wrestling can't even be compared to MMA. come on now.

Darth Caedus said:
Well...then you've obviously never wrestled before. :emperor :emperor :lol :lol
collegiate wrestling nope. but ive trained jiujistu, shoot fighting, taekwondo, hapkido, and boxing for 10 years now. Or you can just put them all together and call it MMA.

I love submitting so called wrestlers :rotfl

nash said:
collegiate wrestling nope. but ive trained jiujistu, shoot fighting, taekwondo, hapkido, and boxing for 10 years now. Or you can just put them all together and call it MMA.

I love submitting so called wrestlers :rotfl

Those wrestlers much have sucked.:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Darth Caedus said:
Those wrestlers much have sucked.:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:lol:lol :cool::cool:
sadly holding someones upper shoulders down for a 3 count doesnt cut it in the real world. :p

Typical though, I've met/know so many wrestlers who think theyre all that and then some, just because they "wrestle". I give them credit, they do have an extreme work regimen and diet to follow to make weight etc, but that's the extent of it imo. They know nothing about effective grappling techniques other than control and leverage of holding someone down.

I honestly have grappled with a lot of wrestlers. THey used to be my test dummies for new jiujistu moves that i'd learn. Whatever though, think what you want :). If you really think MMA is even a remotely close comparison to MMA, you should go take some jiujistu classes or Martial arts in general.

Last edited:
Back