medicom kerberos panzer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devlinboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
whos getting these from ss? i just got the email that my two should be arriving at the warehouse in a little while. i cant wait to pose this bad boy. anyone want to post some pics of the original release figures just to get things started???

I'm borderline. SS is still in stock, so I have a bit of time to decide,

i can honestly admit that i have no idea who or what this character is. but the design is just hauntingly awesome. the weapons and armor are too cool to not own. im glad that ss decided to import these. i may cancel one of these though. my girl just had surgery and cap is on the way so money is tight.

i been watching some auction on ebay and some are less than what the price is on SS

TOE said:
i been watching some auction on ebay and some are less than what the price is on SS

ive seen that also. i still want to def get one from ss just cause i want the reward points and the "warranty" but i may wait and hunt down the second and possibly third on ebay. i want an army build type setup.

I know what u mean.

I want to get one too but comic con is right around the corner, so I gotta watch my $$$. Also, there's alot of Panzer figures over there for $100 so I might get those instead.

yo toe, im not going to sdcc but if you see any of these over there at a good price send me a pm if you wouldnt mind scooping one for me ill buy you a brew or two cross country.

:lol will do bro.

There's alot of Asian figures distributors that go attend, so I'm sure these and other ones similar to it will be there.

They're from Jin Roh. I have the Dragon one from back in the day. I think every Asian 1/6 company has done a version of this character.

Anybody have them all?

Dragon's cost me about $65 new and is really awesome (I already had Medicom's earlier version which frankly sucked as the boots were molded to the leg armor and the gloves molded to the arm armor, the weapons and accessories were poorly done as well. there newer ones are nice, but not THAT much nicer that Dragon's which still looks very good and was loaded with weapons. I can't comprehend why other companies feel the need to charge two or three times what Dragon charged, other than pure greed. It's a total rip off IMHO.

I have Dragon's and Takara's here and the difference is quite amazing. The Takara is worth more than Dragon's (whether as much as it was is open to question though); everything about it is superior; the sculpt, construction, equipment, uniform and poseability + balance thanks to the sheer dynamism of the Gen-X body beneath.

Hoping for more of these guys but Takara-Tomy's 1/6th arm seems to be a bit on the quiet side as far as new stuff goes though I think Midori, their female Jin Roh, is due for re-release (and, damn, she's an excellent figure too!)

Nick

Kroenens-mission.jpg

This is the Dragon male and the first version of Midori (in black), with SS Kroenen, the fuhrer, and his SS in command.

I thought about getting the current one from SSC, but opted to put that money in PFs for now.

that picture says all!! Serve the "New World Order" and be a slave

I have the dragon version, its a nice figure with tons of nicely sculpted equipments, but frankly, its not well fitting. Kinda reminds me of hasbro 12" in terms of the mismatching size. (of course, the quality of the dragon sculpt and equipments are much nicer)

Anyone got the new medi kerberos? PICS!!!

I received the Medicom Kerberos Panzer cop from SSC today. Awesome figure, really! Since I don't have any other 1/6 scale panzer cops, I can't compare, but what I have in hand, is awesome. I was really looking out for this one, since I was sold to the looks of these creations a long time ago. The poseability of this figure is amazing. The armor and the weapons are very detailed. The figures doesn't look cheap in any respects. But unfortunately, the figure I got, has some issues. Some parts of the armor are scratched and there for missing paint on the back: the helmet, the left shoulder guard both have scratches. The right shoulder guard is loose too. It seems as if it is supposed to be glued to the body armor somehow, but it is not. So, there are some quality issues, and therefore I'm asking SSC for a replacement. After All, it's a $150 figure. But other than that, the figure is fantastic. Quality still seams to be a problem for Medicom I think (never had any problems with a Hot Toys figure before...).
Since I do have a (1/7 scale I belive) resin figure of a Jin Roh panzer cop - came in a nice box, LE 3000 - I can tell that the Medicom version, is not made after the anime 'Jin Roh'. The armor is different in several respects. But all panzer cops have more in common, than they would differ from each other anyway. So, they all look pretty much the same, design-wise that is.

Since I do have a (1/7 scale I belive) resin figure of a Jin Roh panzer cop - came in a nice box, LE 3000 - I can tell that the Medicom version, is not made after the anime 'Jin Roh'. The armor is different in several respects. But all panzer cops have more in common, than they would differ from each other anyway. So, they all look pretty much the same, design-wise that is.

Yes, The new medicom version is made from "red spectacles", which is a live action jin roh movie that is so horribliy bad that you cant really tell its directed by (and written by, I believe) the same guy who directed the anime 10-12 years later.

Back