Are custom headsculpt kits the way of the future?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekadentdave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Triad toys has released their Enforcer kit based on the Christian Bale Equilibrium Cleric which is basically a headsculpt and the outfit that can be dressed on almost any generic 1:6 body on the market. Obviously this is a great idea because it is an economical alternative and it easily avoids costly licensing fees. There are so many unproduced characters due to licensing costs and likeness issues that this would seem like the best solution to getting these kinds of characters produced en masse. Could something like a knock-off "Man With No Name" kit with hat and poncho be far behind? What other ideas would be perfect for a line of custom action figure kits?

El Mariachi (which we've seen Triads version of) with sawed off shotgun.

"Future Warrior" Mel Gibson for Road Warrior would rule.

"Assassin" for a likeness based on "The Professional"

And we all know we want a "Spartan Warrior" or would it be "Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Warrior"?

PosterBoyKelly said:
El Mariachi (which we've seen Triads version of) with sawed off shotgun.

And we all know we want a "Spartan Warrior" or would it be "Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Warrior"?

I would be in for all of these!!

Great picks.

The Spartan would suck just because you'd have to track down an expensive ass Hot Toys Muscular... but I'd still be down!

bluesparrow said:
If Sideshow did this with their Star Wars Military figures I'd be thrilled.

No way, it's totally cooler to make the generic sculpts of the people who work at SS. I won't buy them, but it's kinda cool.

Yeah a muscle body would be a ***** to snag, but way worth it if someone doesn't get us some 300 12"

Why not just get the Ignite Spartan?

h0073.jpg

Uh.. it has a gold chest piece, not oiled rippling abs! Wait, now I'm confused..........................about a lot of things:confused:

dekadentdave said:
Why not just get the Ignite Spartan?

I've actually thought about that... with some work on the shin guards and helmet you could have a decent beginning to a figure. Too bad its hard to snag them for less that $70 or so shipped.

How about "Future Outlaw" Kurt Russell as Snake Plisken? That'd be an awesome figure!

PosterBoyKelly said:

I'd go for a Max Rocketanski custom kit in a heartbeat! In fact, a 'Mad Max - Road Warrior' 12" figure has been at the top of my want list for many years. It may not be long before some of those ideas are realized by people in a position to make it happen, like Triad's doing. Hell, maybe even Hot Toys will make a Road Warrior for us one of these days!

And there are lots of other characters I'd personally like to see made as custom kits or whatever, like the long overdue Clancy as the medieval Kurgan, Doug Bradley as the Pinhead Cenobite from 'Hellraiser', and James Caan as Jonathan E. from 'Rollerball', just to name a few. Just a few...

Come to think of it, we need a John McClane too! How about calling it "Hot Shot Cop" or "Loose Cannon"

Back