Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GEAUX SAINTS!
    Feedback
    61 (100%)
    Hey fellow ALIENS fans and customizers out there. I am finally getting to a point of finishing my custom head for Hudson I got from Chris at EVA. I repainted his eyes blue, and cleaned up the paint job some more. At first I gave him brown eyes, and made his face too dirty I thought. After seeing a big recent picture of Bill Paxton from a board member I saw he has blue eyes. Here's a picture of my Hudson. Yeah, I still gotta touch it up some. I want to add the matte spray to the head, and gloss the hair up to make it look sweaty, and put gloss on the eyes and lips. I painted his forehead a little "splotchy" to give it that sweaty look to help enhance his panicked expression. But he's getting close to being done I think.

Next is Drake. Oh boy. Well, at first I started out too light and too pink on his hair. Then, I went too yellow, and even got a review of his hair on this board as looking like Dennis Rodman! I didn't want Drake to look like him! I think I got it as close as I could to how he looked. I got some light brown in there, and some blonde highlights. I referred to the many screengrab pictures posted on the board to help me out. Here he is. I really think he looks great. I do have to add his scar coming from his left eye.

Next up is my repainted head for Ripley. I had quickly painted her hair dark brown at first from the horrible red hair HT gave her. But now I've gone totally black with it after seeing other board members paint their Ripley that way and it looked great I thought. I painted over her red lipstick and tried to give her lips a more subdued natural look. I also painted her eyes a dark brown, instead of keeping them blue from the HT paintjob. Ripley didn't pile on the makeup going on a bug hunt!

Last is the custom head I got from Lonnie Hale for Sarge Apone. The "hero head". I painted his lips too pink at first, and I've gone in and toned them down now (another suggestion from a board member). I think he looks much better now. Check him out.

That's it for now guys until I can get the gear and stuff I need to make my custom Hicks and Frost. I'd appreciate you thoughts on them. I enjoy seeing everyone's customs, and respect your opinions and thoughts! Thanks!
    Last edited by JediMike71; 06-19-2007 at 12:19 AM.
    Hidden Content

"What does it take to win? Teammates focused on the same goal. Fighting for the city they call home. For your team. For your city. For your home." Drew Brees from Madden N.F.L. 11

Hudson looks a little chubby in the cheeks but that's just the sculpt. Drake looks much better now without the flaming Dennis Rodman hair. Excellent improvement. Ripley looks terrific. Apone... his eyes are buggin! Looks like you painted white dots on the pupils. Leave the white dots off and just paint a small amount of gloss clearcoat over the pupil and it will reflect the light naturally like real eyes.

GEAUX SAINTS!
    Feedback
    61 (100%)
    Thanks dekadentdave! Yeah, Hudson's cheeks do look a little "chunky" I guess, but I really love the headsculpt I got from Chris at EVA. I'll paint over those white dots in Apone's eyes, and put some gloss coat on them, and all the others eyes too. I left the white dots in Drake's eyes that were there from the HT paintjob. I just painted his eye color blue like it was supposed to be. I thought about painting white does in Hudson's eyes, but didn't after changing their color to blue. I will take out the dots in my custom Hicks's eyes too. Thanks for the great review. I always trust your tips and help and use it to help me out. Thanks again!
    Hidden Content

"What does it take to win? Teammates focused on the same goal. Fighting for the city they call home. For your team. For your city. For your home." Drew Brees from Madden N.F.L. 11

Super Freak
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Nice work Mike.... The Drake is probably my favorite, looks the most natural. And Dave is right about the white on the eyes, it works a lot better when you leave it out. I used to do that very same thing, I think all custom artists go through a phase using those. But really, your work is coming along. Just keep at it and I promise they will only get better and better with time.

Contact me for updates regarding old commissions: Hidden Content

a.k.a. Coco
    Feedback
    190 (100%)
    Lookin' good! I especially like what you did to Drake and Ripley.

GEAUX SAINTS!
    Feedback
    61 (100%)
    Thanks guys for your reviews! I appreciate it. I'll adjust the eyes on Ripley, Apone and my custom Hicks, and take out the "white" in their eyes. I'm going to leave the white dots in Drake's eyes that Hot Toys put in there. All I did was just paint blue around the white. Unless you think I should go over the white dots in Drake's eyes too? Let me know. I think Drake's eyes look fine right now with the dots in his eyes. But then if I left them in there he'd be the only one of my marines with the white dots in his eyes until I finish my custom Frost using the Hot Toys Apone head like Dboz has done.
    Hidden Content