Anyone have the Tyco 1:6 Batman Begins "Tumbler" Batmobile?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaphorge

Archbishop of Bologna!!!
Reaction score
Tyco 1:6 Batman Begins "Tumbler" Batmobile!

I've been considering tracking one of these down for display with my HT Batman Begins figure, and I was wondering if anyone here has one.

How's the detailing on it? My understanding is that it kind of sucks as an R/C vehicle, but I'm primarily interested in this for display.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out here.

Edit: Now I have one! W00t!

Last edited:
I have one and yes as a r/c vehicle it pretty much sucks. All it does is go forward and back. It does look pretty sweet though. :cool:

I picked one up on e-bay over a year ago to display with my Medicom batman begins for about $60 shipped. It's better scaled to Hot Toys or Takara Bats though. It's got lots of detail and looks great next to a 1:6 scale Batman.

woahh... i didnt even know this existed. I want one of these now... and a Takara Bats to go with it. How cool is that... a 1/6 tumbler

if anyone has pics of this with a batman figure i'd love to see!

Darren Carnall said:

hTBBMobile.jpg

Darren Carnall said:
woahh... i didnt even know this existed. I want one of these now... and a Takara Bats to go with it. How cool is that... a 1/6 tumbler

Oops I should've kept my mouth shut; I need no competition. ;)
Murderofcrows71 said:
That's hott.

Wal-Mart blew them out for $49 some time back. Unfortunately, the Wally near me was all sold out by the time I got there and I get continually sniped on Ebay. :(
There was also a thread somewhere [maybe OSW?] of one converted into an Aliens type one man PC, scooped out and an interior installed for Bishop to sit in and steer.
If anyone has any leads on these Tumblers please let us know!!

I've been considering getting one too. My only reservation is it's not quite to scale - it's stubbier than the real thing. But hey, it's probably the closest we'll ever get to a 1/6 tumbler.

It is slightly underscale, but it would be about perfect with the Medicom Batman Begins figure. I don't think it looks bad with my HT version either posed in front of it. I was sorry it didn't have an opening feature but It may be just as well that it's interior free because you'd probably never get a full 1/6th figure like the Hot Toys or Takara inside it without cutting off the figures feet.
One thing, depending on your standards If you get one you may want to do some detailing on it. Overall it's fine as is but it does have some exposed screwheads, some of the molded parts are bare plastic and could stand some paint, and a little careful weathering would be nice. Having said that I haven't done a thing to mine. It's a nice diorama item out of the box. And a heckuva deal if you can find one under a hundred bucks shipped.

The slightly maddening thing about this is that I bet there are just tons of these languishing, forgotten, in peoples' garages when the Next Big Thing caught their kids' attentions.

SCORE! I just nailed one of these on Ebay... the R/C stuff is dead, but that's perfectly alright because I want to use this as a display piece.

I just might try using it for a PC casemod myself... hmmmm....

Last edited:
metaphorge said:
SCORE! I just nailed one of these on Ebay... the R/C stuff is dead, but that's perfectly alright because I want to use this as a display piece.

I just might try using it for a PC casemod myself... hmmmm....

Congrats!!
I've picked up a bunch of R/C in the past that didn't function any longer. Works great for me as I only needed them for my 1:6 crews!! Hopefully somebody else out there will be letting go of a Tumbler or two soon!! :rolleyes:

It seems like it took forever to get here, but the Tumbler arrived today. Here it is with my Hot Toys Batman.

It is, indeed, HUGE... I had quite a bit of trouble fidning a good spot to get this photo. More to come....

Last edited:
Back