Heath Ledger Joker Custom....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For $200 I would hope he really looks like that in the movie...and pissed if he doesn't.

Spenser said:
So what's the big deal? and why is $200 "way too much"

Because there have been no real pictures of what he looks like in the film. And also that heldsculpt and paint isn't that great.

yep it;s Spencer's. i like it but woulda liked your wooly hair treatment on this one Spenc. alot of the pics i've seen of the Ledger Joker has wild hair.

Spenser said:
can you post these pictures?

Xenoviper posted this link in post #5.

https://images.google.com.au/images...=heath ledger joker&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

quite a few there w/ "wild" hair. alot of them look fan made so i'm not sure bout movie accurate pics. this is the one i've seen most bandied about.

joker.jpg

That’s a fan photo manipulation of the guy from the silent film The Man Who Laughed that inspired Bob Cane/Bill finger’s look for the Joker.

ManWhoLaughs.jpg

These are the picture I used and I believe it was more than enough to make a figure from. The only thing that I would change is to darken the suit down a good bit more, I ran out of dye when I was doing it. Anyway...

In the left picture we see he’s wearing the same suit or at least the same colors as the blurred one on the right where he’s in full Joker mode. Also in the blurred picture his hair looks to be brushed straight back and not all hanging in his face and “wild” as many of the fan produced art work have him.

jokercomp1.jpg

I produced my figure using only pictures from the production. I don’t know why it’s caused such anger and hate, allot of people are taking this way too seriously and personally (You wouldn’t believe the hate mail I’ve gotten over this.) It was just a fun project I wanted to do, and I’m glad I did it because I’ve never laughed so hard the “haters” pure rage in posts and email over it.

Everyone is more than welcome to say what they want, good or bad. It really doesn’t bother me.

Well, from what I see of the ebay pics compared to your reference pics you did a heck of a job. I can't believe you actually recieved hate mail over a custom figure. That's crazy! Besides, if someone wanted to pay $200 for it or you wanted $200 for it that's totally up to the buyer and the seller. Definitely nothin' to get upset about.

People are just too tightly wound. GET A GRIP FOLKS!!!:D

Spenser said:
That’s a fan photo manipulation of the guy from the silent film The Man Who Laughed that inspired Bob Cane/Bill finger’s look for the Joker.

ManWhoLaughs.jpg
as i said i figured some of the pics were fan made, but i did think some of those "wild hair" pics were of production pics. i basically said i'd like to see some wool hair because u do the "real" hair thing so well Spencer. always like to see that even if it's not movie accurate lol.

can't believe ur getting hate mail or that peeps are taking it so far. crazy

thanks Mookeylama , I did play with the idea of doing real hair for a few seconds. Way too much trouble.

Steven, with the information you had, and the, at best SKETCHY idea out there of what he really looks like in his final form, you did fine.
I applaud your efforts. Took some balls to do that. Glad you copped some green for your time and trouble.

Be wary though, I recall another customizer getting in big trouble a year or so back with DC/Warners over such early pre-release style movie character figures on Ebay. (Specifically Superman Returns related...)
Must be your figure is off a tad from the actual look, and is therefore not enough of a threat to raise their ire. Too conjectural. Hope so. But be careful. They do retaliate to such things.

But all in all, nice experiment. I think it is a very interesting result. If nothing else, the first one.

I think it looks good and does seem to match the sketchy images that we've seen. It's difficult to say if that will be the definitive depiction of him in the film though. I can see why people might react that it's too soon, but if someone is anxious to be the first to own a 1/6 Ledger Joker - they will pay the price.

And $200 for one of Spenser's 1/6 figures isn't too much at all. I once sold customs and know the work that can go into them. It's not really worth it to sell one for much under that.

Back