Official Hasbro Ralph McQuarrie Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
It seems that most Star Wars fans here on the boards are digging these figures, so I thought I'd start a thread dedicated to them all so we could focus discussions instead of surfing around all ove the place. I got my McQuarrie Chewbacca from eBay today, and so far it's my favorite of them all, although I think part of that stems from the abundance of pure white we've gotten so far with Stormie and Boba, so it's refreshing to see a more involved figure, he's large like he should be for scale, which is nice, can't wait for Luke, who should be shipping soon and my droids are on their way from Toy Rocket so it'll be good to get those too.

Well, I got Luke and the driods and I have Chewbacca and Boba coming from ebay. I haven't cared about the 3 3/4 figs for about 6 years but I think I may end up getting all of these... I am very happy they did them... even though Chewbacca looks mean as heck.

It's a bit pricey to go the eBay route, but for guaranteed in hand with minimal fuss, I'll pay the extra cash.

I have the Droids, Stormie, Chewie, two Bobas and I'm waiting for my opener Luke. I love these things, I can't wait to get the stands from the Hasbro shop specifically for the name tags that say "McQuarrie Concept". The only thing I dislike is that the stand tag says "Luke Starkiller - McQuarrie concept" when in actuality the Starkiller Hero we are getting ain't a Luke.

That being said I think that the Vader will be the hardest ones to find especially because like Boba you're gonna need two.

Well seeing as my TRU has had ONE Ben figure for the last 3 weeks and Wal-Mart and Target have crap... ebay is pretty much my only route. I got Chewie and Boba for $25 though so its not too bad.

Last edited:
I love the line. I'm being selective though as I don't really care for Chewie. And I'm not going to chse down the exclusives (yet). So I'm sticking with villains for now. The Stormtrooper took me the longest to find, but I wasn't really looking a lot. And then Fett I just walked in on. Chewbacca doesn't seem to fly off the pegs as fast. Vader is the one I'm really looking forward to. He's gonna rock!

So far I've preordered McQuarrie Fett, McQuarrie Trooper and 2 McQuarrie Vaders from the BBTS, also got the droids coming from Toy Rocket. Missed Luke both times he was available at Hasbro toy shop, but I'm not a completist so I'm not too worried. I don't really want the Starkiller figure but if Chewbacca becomes available again I may well end up picking him up to go with my collection.

I snagged the Stormtrooper easily on the pegs but I haven't seen any others yet. I'm getting all of them from a Canadian on-line supplier and if I see them hanging around the pegs of my collector-friendly US Wal-Mart across the border I'll snag them (where hey haven't been put out yet although the Darth Vader with coin collector booklet is already on clearance for $5). Thanks to a fellow Freak I've got the droids and Luke CIV exclusives on the way----

I'm still thinking about opening them all and saving the second one (if found in packaging). As my wife always says I have no intention of ever selling them so I might as well enjoy them. And I want to pose them with some nice framed paintings of MacQuarrie artwork that I have...

Pics to come...

Droids and Luke arrived from CIV today via mfoga :chew
A second pair (both droids and Luke) should be arriving shortly so that I can open one and keep the others closed.

Does anybody know how many of these are supposed to be released? I saw a while ago that there was 16 total but I can't seem to find where I saw that.. anybody know for sure?

madden821 said:
Does anybody know how many of these are supposed to be released? I saw a while ago that there was 16 total but I can't seem to find where I saw that.. anybody know for sure?

There are 12, presumably with the two-packs counting as separate figures. Here's the list:

Stormtrooper
Boba Fett
Chewbacca
C-3PO
R2-D2
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader
Starkiller Hero (female Luke)
Snowtrooper
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Yoda
Han Solo

16? Geez I hope not. Unless Hasbro re-packages them to make them easier to find, rather than this ridiculous 1 per case nonsense.

Darth Rage said:
16? Geez I hope not. Unless Hasbro re-packages them to make them easier to find, rather than this ridiculous 1 per case nonsense.

Thats what I was thinking.. I couldn't come up with 16 posibilities, but I think 12 looks good... thanks Sith.

madden821 said:
Thats what I was thinking.. I couldn't come up with 16 posibilities, but I think 12 looks good... thanks Sith.

No problem.

Actually, there's an unofficial 13th figure...Concept General Grievous.

Obviously, it's not a McQuarrie Signature Series figure, but it could easily fit into the rest of the concept collection.

Darth Rage said:

I'm not sure whether it will be the same in other countries but I went to Toys R Us in the UK where I live and found an unopened case of Star Wars figures from wave 3. There were two McQuarrie Concept Chewbaccas in the case, so maybe Hasbro are making these two per case now. It would make sense for them to make these easier to come by. The more figures they produced, the more get bought by collectors and the more $$$ they make to capatalise on the success.

Hopefully anyway......:D

My wife was out on a shopping day and she called from TRU (it's over an hour away where she was shopping) asking if there was anything I was looking for--- two MacQuarrie stormtroopers:stormtroo :stormtroo (to be added to the open one :stormtroo I snagged when the first wave was released) are on the way home. One more to open and the last one to keep sealed...

I've got one of each coming and I'm opening all of them---if I'm lucky enough to find one extra that'll be the one I keep sealed.

Thanks to some help I have the C4 Luke and 3PO/R2 and will get the Obi/Yoda at SDCC. I'll have to get the Vader when it comes out too so I can have it to match Luke.

Back