New Fantastic Four cartoon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
on Cartoon Network. I didn't know about this but my Tivo picked up as a suggestion. It has horrible anime art and I hate the uniform redesigns, but I'm sure there's someone out there that will like it.

i tried watching the first episode, but just did not like the style of animation or story.

I bought the dvd. Hulk vs FF episode was kinda cool. But yeah, its wasn't that good.

It was OK at best...
What was a true loss, were the figures that ToyBiz was going to make based on the series.

Mr_Fantastic-2-01.jpg

Human_Torch-2-01.jpg

Invisible_Woman-2-01.jpg

Super-poseable_Hulk-2-01.jpg

banimated_03.jpg

They were cancelled during the ToyBiz - Hasbro transition.
:cool:

Last edited:
Watched the series when it first came out a few months ago and thought it was ok. The only character I have a problem with in the design department is Johnny. Don't dig the hair.

Watched it on Saturday and I am sorry to say I will never watch it again.

It was total crap.

When it went off the air months ago I heard it was cancelled because of ratings. I thought what ashame, the best Anime France can provide, a visually rich show with all the FF characters I remembered and the writing was not bad.
This "re-vamp" that they came out with on Saturday was dumbed down to the point of making me physically ill, like when a Vogon reads peotry.

For the first 15 mins of the show all Johnny had to bring to the conversation is that he did not want to get wet.
Reed sounded like an idiot.
Sue's message of make peace not war was okay but got real old real quick.
The only saving grace was Ben fighting Namor, which was waaaaayyy too short.

This show should not be shown at 9:30 at night on Saturdays, it should be shown weekdays at 03:00 during Miguzi. This is NOT Toonami-worthy.

I apologize for the rant but I love the FF and the way they ruined this show really makes me want to fight someone.
The new FF screams of an Anime that was intended for people in their late teens and early 20's being re-dubbed and re-cut so that a 5 year old will enjoy it.
If you did enjoy the show then by all means please keep watching.
IMHO my previous statement still stands - this is total crap.

...And I'm spent.

I hate fake-Anime like that. Who did that, the Kim Possible people? Looked like garb, couldn't even watch. If it was REAL Anime I might have given it a chance.

PosterBoyKelly said:
I hate fake-Anime like that. Who did that, the Kim Possible people? Looked like garb, couldn't even watch. If it was REAL Anime I might have given it a chance.

I believe it was done by the same French studio that makes that classic show Code Lyoko. I think Moon Scope.

The show hasn't actually aired in the UK yet, but I've seen the Hulk episode on YouTube and thought it was ok but nothing special.

I'd probably watch a few more episodes before I could make my mind up, but I'd be surprised if it continued beyond season one.

Problem with Fantastic Four cartoons is that usually they all end up going through the same half dozen stories which makes them boring. You know the ones first Puppet Master episode, first Namor episode, The Impossible Man episode.

Seen it all before, the last FF cartoon didn't really get interesting until season 2, doubt this one will get that far.

piccolodaimaoh said:
I believe it was done by the same French studio that makes that classic show Code Lyoko. I think Moon Scope.

Ah! Ya know I wasn't thinking about Kim Possible, that's not really fake anime, I was thinking Totally Spies!

ghettoenhanced said:
It was OK at best...
What was a true loss, were the figures that ToyBiz was going to make based on the series.

Mr_Fantastic-2-01.jpg

Human_Torch-2-01.jpg

Invisible_Woman-2-01.jpg

Super-poseable_Hulk-2-01.jpg

banimated_03.jpg

They were cancelled during the ToyBiz - Hasbro transition.
I hope Hasbro picks 'em up....NEED that Doom.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
Didn't they make a Thing for this series then, the rest of the Fantastic Four are present and correct, but no Ben Grimm

There was a Thing, Mole Man, Skrull, Mole Monster Build A Figure...
I just couldn't find any pics online.

Back