Jason Reitman's GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife - March 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Clown

King of the Wicker People
Reaction score
Last edited:
Re: Jason Reitman’s GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - Summer 2020

I foresee another flop.
I just don't think there's an audience for that anymore.

Even if Bill Murray were the star (he absolutely won't be in this) I can't see it being a big draw without Harold Ramis.

The "Ghostusters: Next Generation" idea has been floating around so long it's had every gang of youngish comedians from Michael Cera and Jonah Hill and Seth Rogan rumored to be the new guys ready to "take on the mantle." Well, unless it's the most talented group of hilarious stars with amazing chemistry, nobody is gonna care.

We already saw the original guys do half-assed cameos. Just like the SW sequels, this idea is about 15 years too late.

Jason Reitman, son of the original Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II director Ivan Reitman will be helming a brand new sequel set in the original Ghostbusters universe.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/ne...kxRbAdABV7nzHtIKXMbf0apEp5AY45dVrrASOvzSe_C5k

The film is slated for Summer 2020. I’m curious to see how this turns out.

11jGtzDu7Nh89a.gif

As much as I love Ramis, getting the other 3 back would be amazing.

I hope none of the original cast comes back, if only in newspaper clippings or the new cast watching the old commercials on youtube.

Yo just make it like Extreme Ghostbusters and I'd be down.

extreme-ghostbusters-cast-slimer-egon-kylie-eduardo-garrett-roland.jpg

Well, the franchise can only go up after the awful reboot so we have that going for us. The biggest negative going against this film is obviously Harold Ramis's passing. It certainly dampens my excitement a little bit, but the movie could still be good. One thing they could do that would raise my excitement level would be if they could get Rick Moranis out of retirement. Doubt they'll be able to, but I'd love to see him return.

I bet the main character is a young woman with unexplained hidden power. She finds the Ecto 1 and proton pack because it calls to her, she easily fixes them with her unmatched genius level intellect, and she then travels to a remote island and hands over the proton pack wand to an old bearded, depressed, cowardly figure who drinks ectoplasm, Peter Venkman.

Why is there a trailer for this already

Heres my script.

The world lost. Gozer came back and was summoned to take over, which he did. People have been living in a demon haunted world for over a decade.

The world is a living hell.

Then a young man finds the hidden secret of the Ghostbusters , tucked away in a barn. Little does he know that he will need more than just their technology to save the world....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Heres my script.

The world lost. Gozer came back and was summoned to take over, which he did. People have been living in a demon haunted world for over a decade.

The world is a living hell.

Then a young man finds the hidden secret of the Ghostbusters , tucked away in a barn. Little does he know that he will need more than just their technology to save the world....

What happened to the Ghostbusters?

What happened to the Ghostbusters?

You have to see the move to find out.....

Heres the hint, the disappeared mysteriously after being called in to catch a long time ghost that haunted Calvery Cemetary, one of the largest cemeteries in the world.....located-in Queens NY.

The “Shadow” ghost appeared shortly after....and the world became his domain.

1f1b699d9b902b4d79ee93dbf4e66d02.jpg

Even if it turns out OK, the damage from the last one has already been done.

Maybe Ramis will come back as a ghost.

Epic..... something tells me this will end up as a lost father/son tale.

I do like the fact that it's Jason Reitman directing. Ghostbusters is his father's legacy, and from Ivan's comments it seems like this is something Jason has always pushed against wanting to get involved in. It's a lot of pressure, and expectations so it makes sense that he'd want to steer clear of it. Now that he is involved, though, I'd certainly like think it's a good sign and that he has come up with something so good that he just couldn't resist.

Back