ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekadentdave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Shouts to Wor-Gar, Father of the behemouth ALIEN and ALIENS thread that suggested we split these up now that we have our own forum. I christen this thread shall be dedicated to all things from Jim Cameron's kick-ass sequel ALIENS!

:duff

Re: ALIENS THE OFFICIAL THREAD

dekadentdave said:
I christen this thread shall be dedicated to all things from Jim Cameron's kick-ass sequel ALIENS!
:rock :rock :rock

:duff A Toast, to one of the GREATEST Sci-Fi flicks of all time!!!

How about we just let threads grow organically. If someone wants to start a thread about modifications to the HT Aliens, that should be a new thread, not shoehorned into a dedicated ALIENS thread.

We want to avoid monster threads - that's the whole point of creating the new forum.

Last edited:

We can split them up for general discussion and specific topics can be started as well.

Now that's what I'm sayin'! A thread dedicated to one of my all-time favorite films. I'm "all over that" man! As Vasquez said...."LET'S ROCK"!

Now that we have a dedicated 'Aliens' thread, allow me to kick things off with...

dekadentdave said:
First of all my apologies that my crappy 3.5 megapixel camera doesn't take the best pictures to do Les' immaculate work justice but I blew my wad on this stuff and it was worth every penny spent.

ripley1.jpg

hicks5.jpg

vazdrake3.jpg

"All right...lookin' good. Drake, check your camera. There seems to be something wrong with the autofocus... [ !*#@&%*!] That's better...."

Just kidding Dek! Great to see some of your marines revealed at last, and sporting FML brushwork no less. Especially like this shot of Drake and Vas. Drake looks like he's ready to open a whole can o' whup ass. That expression of his face and the tilt of his head is priceless. If I may make a suggestion, strap the Kabar on Drake's lower left leg, then get Hicks a Gerber Mk. II from Chris at EVA and tape it to his left grenade harness. Get two of 'em and give the other one to Hudson. I gave Drake a Kabar instead of a "boot knife", it just suits him better. I think you'll appreciate the difference it makes.

Btw, if your camera has manual focus you could probably fix the distance to the subject so everything will stay in focus, or try using a tripod and choose a smaller f-stop (shutter aperture) to increase depth of field. Sometimes going to manual is the best way to get what you want. :D

Hi all :)

Im a new member of the board though I have been reading the awesome Wor-Gor Aliens thread for the past month or so.

I recieved my cool EVA Hudson headsculpt today so I thought Id show some pics of my work-in-progress Hudson. I figured it was worth taking some pics with the unpainted headsculpt on the figure just to give an idea of how they look together.

I am abit intimidated by the prospect of painting the HS as I have never done so before and Im afraid I'l ruin it so any advice you have would be much appreciated :) Apart for painting the head I have a few minor details to add to the body then it will be all done hopefully. This is my first and only 1/6 figure (so far) and its really got me excited about collecting and customising. Hot Toys have done a great job with these but its still nice to add your own personal touch :) The old Aliens thread is such a wealth of information and excellent reference material and I enjoyed trawling through it for tips on making my figure more accurate, so thanks guys for making it such a succesfull thread.

welcome to the boards man!!! With All the kick ass customizers we have here im pretty sure they will help you!!!

STENDEC said:

Im a new member of the board though I have been reading the awesome Wor-Gor Aliens thread for the past month or so.

I recieved my cool EVA Hudson headsculpt today so I thought Id show some pics of my work-in-progress Hudson. I figured it was worth taking some pics with the unpainted headsculpt on the figure just to give an idea of how they look together.

I am abit intimidated by the prospect of painting the HS as I have never done so before and Im afraid I'l ruin it so any advice you have would be much appreciated :) Apart for painting the head I have a few minor details to add to the body then it will be all done hopefully. This is my first and only 1/6 figure (so far) and its really got me excited about collecting and customising. Hot Toys have done a great job with these but its still nice to add your own personal touch :) The old Aliens thread is such a wealth of information and excellent reference material and I enjoyed trawling through it for tips on making my figure more accurate, so thanks guys for making it such a succesfull thread.

Cool beans! Welcome to the wonderful world of 1/6 figure customizing! It is as much a pain in the butt, as it is the most fun thing you can ever do with a toy! Good luck on that figure, and I do paint heads, for a short time that is, and can at least give you some pointers if nothing else.
There are reference pics galore here, and DekDave (the resident framegrab expert) or Pjam (the resident Aliens details guy) or any of the other enthusiasts, you have no doubt read by now, can and will assist you if need be. Just ask. This is a great area here. A lot of seasoned enthusiasts with a LOT of knowledge are at your fingertips.

Glad to have you aboard. :D

And, HUDSON RULES!

Hey, welcome aboard "STENDEC"! I am fairly new here too. I got that same custom Hudson head that you got, and I've started to paint it. I'm getting in my HT Hudson, and Drake in the mail tomorrow. I'm really trying to capture Hudson's panic and fear in the expression on his face while I'm painting it. I know some other customizers out there have got a different head for their Hudsons with a more calm expression on his face. I prefer the one we got from Chris C. at EVA. I'll post some pictures soon on this thread. Like you, I've trolled through the ALIENS threads for painting tips. I'm no expert either, but have got lots of help from figuremasterles, and pjam to name a few members out there that have helped me. I'd love to see your Hudson's painted head when he's done STENDEC. Take care, and "stay frosty"!

STENDEC said:

First of all...
:welcome

...and wow! I see you've added lots of little details that were on his costume in the film. Great job so far! I also got a Hudson head from EVA for an alternate expression (looks like he's about ready to bust a gut...cracks me up every time I look at him). I have a suggestion: if you haven't already done so, you might want to fill in the back of his head with some putty and resculpt the hair. His head is a little too concave in the back. Might not show with the helmet on, tho. Just an idea. Looking forward to seeing more pics. :D

Those of you who have customized their HT Ripley figures and put a leather jacket on her over her blue jumpsuit....where did you get the jacket? I want to get one for my Ripley. Let me know if you found one on a certain website. Yes, I will troll some sites like www.monkeydepot.com for example. But any help in finding a leather jacket for Ripley would be great. Thanks!

JediMike71 said:
Those of you who have customized their HT Ripley figures and put a leather jacket on her over her blue jumpsuit....where did you get the jacket? I want to get one for my Ripley. Let me know if you found one on a certain website. Yes, I will troll some sites like www.monkeydepot.com for example. But any help in finding a leather jacket for Ripley would be great. Thanks!

If your talking about King's Ripley that jacket is from Modern Connor MacLeod from the highlander line that SSC did.

Wow . . .thanks for the warm welcome guys, its great to be here :)

I am really excited since I got into this hobby and I have really enjoyed customising my Hudson figure. So far its been easy but I am really nervous about painting my EVA HS lol I agree Jedi, the EVA is the coolset Hudson HS out there at the moment with his nervous expression. Id love to see pics of your ptogress on your figure. We should share ideas and techniques on the best way to tackle the painting on it :)

Les, you truely are the master as I have been blown away by your work shown in the Wor-Gar thread.

Can I ask for some basic tips on HS painting as I really am totally new to it and somewhat intimidated lol Do you have a tutorial online from an old thread perhaps?

My main querry is regarding the best type of paint to use on a resin HS. Im a bit unsure which type of paint is best to use, acrylic versus enamels and techiniques for thinning, applying washes and shading etc. Having used enamels in the past, they seem a little harsh and unforigving for a headsculpt but of course I may be completely wrong lol Are the acrylic paint you use the ones which come in the toothpaste like tubes or in bottles. I always assumed the tuibes were more for canvas painting.

From my research it seems some good practices are; washing the HS; applying grey/white primer; using the best brushes possible to apply paint; using pastels to apply shading then seal with dullcoat etc On the OneSixthWarriors forum alot of very nice paintjobs have been shaded with pastels, ground to a powder and lightly applied with a brush. Do you guys use these techniques? Im sorry for all the questions but Im eager to do the best job possible on my Hudson :) any any input you guys have would be much appreciated.

A little side project I have going on at the moment is a 1:6 Remote Sentry Unit (maybe 2 :) ) which I thought would look cool along side my Hudson, plus one more Marine hopefully. Heres a pic of a card mockup I made to figure out scale and how to assemble the real thing.

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome and keep them cool pics of your collections coming!

JediMike71 said:

I'm pretty sure most of the Ripleys you've seen on this thread are wearing A-2 Flight Jackets, as she did in Aliens. You can score one at Monkey Depot for a cool $7.95. It's listed as... Jacket: Dragon A-2 Flight Leatherlike. Part #D3296-W058. I just snagged one the other day, so chances are they're still in stock. Hope this helps. :D

STENDEC said:
Wow . . .thanks for the warm welcome guys, its great to be here :)

A little side project I have going on at the moment is a 1:6 Remote Sentry Unit (maybe 2 :) ) which I thought would look cool along side my Hudson, plus one more Marine hopefully. Heres a pic of a card mockup I made to figure out scale and how to assemble the real thing.

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome and keep them cool pics of your collections coming!

Welcome, another Brother in arms is always welcome here bro so Welcome!

Love the Sentry proto, please let us know how that comes along and how we can get our hands on one/make one too. I've wanted one for years!

And yes, that is the flight jacket you want for Rip, Dragon A-2.

STENDEC said:

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who wants a Robot Sentry companion!
I remember a discussion on this thread several months ago about how cool it would be if HT made some accessory sets for the USCMs. One of the things I suggested was a 1:6 scale UA 571-C Remote Sentry Weapon System. They only appeared in the special edition of Aliens but they would most definitely be a cool accessory to have. I've been hunting for some plans that could be used to possibly design and fabricate a precision resin kit, something like the ones EVA has. If it could be done I'll bet others would be interested too. :D

https://www.harryharris.com/sbox.htm
https://www.harryharris.com/sentry.htm

I've asked Chris ( EVA) if he's gonna make some Remote Sentry resin kits. I'll let you know what he says...

Back