Legacy Lazenby Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DarthNeil

No props for only one Bond film and then obscurity? Sure he's only really appeared in soft-core EMMANUELLE movies since--but give the Aussie some love (don't know if this thread already existed and then disappeared--but here we go again so 'scuse me if this is deja vu all over again).

I got the Lazenby as I'm doing a poker diorama with one of each of the Bonds (and I really wanted them in a black or white tux). I'm just waiting for the Moore Legacy and to make a custom Craig out of my second Die Another Die Brosnan body...

But back to Lazenby. Pale isn't he in comparison to the Legacy Connery? Only doing one film in the greatest film franchise'll do that to you.

It's a nice tux though (would've preferred the kilt--but oh well).

Not a horrendous paint job--- similar to the On Your Majesty one...

And with the coat of arms from the film.

Anyway--- time's going fast and the Bonds want their poker game started so that's that.

The quality of the tux itself looks great, it's a shame they had to halfass on the tie.

Your Bond diorama looks cool there by the way.

TheObsoleteMan said:
The quality of the tux itself looks great, it's a shame they had to halfass on the tie.

Your Bond diorama looks cool there by the way.

Thanks... I'll be sure to share pictures once it's complete (or at least looking like an actual Bond game). You're right that the tux is well done. Good material and it gives the figure the proper time period feel--- the bow tie is laughable but what are you to do? It's the Legacy knock-offs. There's a reason I only ordered three of them and I have the entire Bond SS collection up to them.

I know its film accurate, but I just can't get behind the frilly cuffs and collar on the tux shirt. Lazenby looks ready to star in a Sisters of Mercy video.
Bond is not Goth!!!

Dude, didn't you watch Austin Powers? The Brits all dressed like that back in the '60's. Frilled collars and cuffs were the order of the day. Barnabas Collins wasn't the only one dressing like it was the 18th century.

Movie accurate is what I wanted---but then I really wanted him to come with the kilt. SS had them for Highlander and for WWI 12"--- are you telling me it would have been impossible to do? No, not impossible--- but not as easy... and the Legacy figs for the most part are all about easy. Shame really.

Anyway I'll look for a cheap WWI blackwatch guy or something to switch the lower half of this Lazenby for a kilt.

metaphorge said:
I know its film accurate, but I just can't get behind the frilly cuffs and collar on the tux shirt. Lazenby looks ready to star in a Sisters of Mercy video.
Bond is not Goth!!!
Actually the cuffs are quite innacurate. In the film, only the shirt was frilly, not the cuffs.

Collector Freak said:
Sideshow's body truly does suck. And the sculpted tie... Ugh!

I agree that the sculpted bow tie is horrendous (see--- I can be critical as well) but I wouldn't go so far as to say that the body sucks. Variations--- It's good for posing. Now would I want an extreme character like Spiderman in a Buck? Definitely not. But I don't think Lazenby's going to do any wall-climbing just at this moment.

gb.jpg

I got a second lazenby legacy and customized it with a kilt and deerstalker...enter Hillary Bray : )

Back