Hot Toys - Star Wars, Marvel, DC Fatigue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunrayTheWingman

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I didn't see a thread discussing it so decided to make a new one.

Hot Toys is by far my favorite company to collect figures from, but lately I have been feeling burnt out when it comes to the brands they choose to produce, specifically Star Wars, Marvel, and DC. Obviously these are the most profitable and exciting brands when it comes to action figures, especially with new movies constantly being marketed and released. And don't get me wrong, I love and collect them all, but maybe I've just gotten a bit bored with superheroes and stormtroopers.

I know HT has done a few other things recently like Fantastic Beasts, John Wick, and Predator. But if you look at the front page of their website, the vast majority is those 3 I mentioned. There are lots of other companies out there doing less popular licenses, so there are some options, but no one can compare to Hot Toys' quality + production speed. There are SO MANY other brands and licenses I would love to see them turn their attention to.

Anyone agree with me? If so, what other licenses would you like to see from Hot Toys?

The lack of response suggests fatigue for the topic of Hot Toys Star Wars, Marvel and DC fatigue.

Basically, yes, they do overwhelmingly focus on those brands but its working for them so it's not going to change. It is no longer Hot Toys that you should wish would acquire a (relatively) obscure license because they can afford to just sit on it or be very minimalist with it and not make all the characters you want.

Personally I fantasize about Hot Toys losing or relinquishing licenses now.

Last edited:
The lack of response suggests fatigue for the topic of Hot Toys Star Wars, Marvel and DC fatigue.

Basically, yes, they do overwhelmingly focus on those brands but its working for them so it's not going to change. It is no longer Hot Toys that you should wish acquire a (relatively) obscure license because they can afford to just sit on it or be very minimalist with it and not make all the characters you want.

:goodpost:

Hey guys!

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I didn't see a thread discussing it so decided to make a new one.

Hot Toys is by far my favorite company to collect figures from, but lately I have been feeling burnt out when it comes to the brands they choose to produce, specifically Star Wars, Marvel, and DC. Obviously these are the most profitable and exciting brands when it comes to action figures, especially with new movies constantly being marketed and released. And don't get me wrong, I love and collect them all, but maybe I've just gotten a bit bored with superheroes and stormtroopers.

I know HT has done a few other things recently like Fantastic Beasts, John Wick, and Predator. But if you look at the front page of their website, the vast majority is those 3 I mentioned. There are lots of other companies out there doing less popular licenses, so there are some options, but no one can compare to Hot Toys' quality + production speed. There are SO MANY other brands and licenses I would love to see them turn their attention to.

Anyone agree with me? If so, what other licenses would you like to see from Hot Toys?

I'd love to see more of other brands, Star Wars and Marvel are burnt out for me.

It'll be really interesting to see if after End Game they take a big break from Iron Man and Captain America and what that means for their releases. All of them sell well but those 2 especially are great sellers plus the added die cast bump for Iron Man.

I expect after EnfGame things will cool down a bit for MCU figures. Other than Far From Home there currently isn’t any Marvel movies being shot. They claim to be taking a year to year and a half off. I’m fine with that.

Basically, yes, they do overwhelmingly focus on those brands but its working for them so it's not going to change. It is no longer Hot Toys that you should wish would acquire a (relatively) obscure license because they can afford to just sit on it or be very minimalist with it and not make all the characters you want.

There is that. Not much from big name properties I'm interested in at this point. Maybe a dozen or so figures, most of which are unlikely to ever be made by Hot Toys or anyone else or won't happen unless the characters wind up in the MCU.

My top want is something pretty unlikely -- figures from Deadly Class. I love the comics by Image and really enjoy the television series. Also from Image that would make cool 1/6 figures: East of West, Black Science, Saga.

A remake of The Crow would be lovely. Also it'll be lovely not to have any ensemble films coming out in the future. Think Hot Toys are at their best at single films.

Personally, I am really liking the 1/6 scale ancient military figures coming out. The Joan of Arc on the horse by Pop Toys is amazing in detail, and many of the armor pieces are diecast. That figure was $150.00 delivered, which is an amazing deal, compared to recent Iron Man figures. I also pre-ordered the Roman general that was introduced lately, and hope more unique figures get produced along these themes.

I would love to see more historical figures: George Washington, Julius Caesar, Leonardo, Vincent Van Gogh, etc. As long as they have the same attention to detail that current figures have.

Back