Dark Shadows returns....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

ironman1188

sort of. The 1991 Ben Cross is finally being released on DVD on 10-18-05.
And War of the Worlds TV series is also arriving on 11-01-05

Could be some good ol' viewing soon. :D

I actually liked that version! Always wished it had made it. I may just have to pick up that DVD, that is, if I have any money left by that point!

And a Ben Cross Barnabas Collins would sure be welcomed [hint, hint].
I know Majestic has the original version's figures coming out later this year, but maybe Sideshow could counter with these?

Dark Shadows

The original Dark Shadows ROCKS!!! Where do I find a link to Majestic so I can order their figures??

G'day Dr Z, Majestic doesn't have them on their website yet. The only place I have seen them up for pre-order is Monsters in Motion. Here's the link to MiM.
https://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/
Look in the best sellers section. You will see Barnabus Collins in second place and Quentin Collins in 7th place. Can't wait for these two to come out meself.

Dark Shadows figugres are awesome

Thanks for the link to the Monsters in Motion web site. Well, looks like I will be spending more money!!! The Dark Shadows figures are very life like!!! Of course, I won't go overboard buying them like I did the Apes but I will have a set!!!
The 1700 Barnabus is awesome!!!! I think when Vicky travels back to the 1700's is my favorite part of that whole series.

Majestic's Dark Shadows figures are three of my most anticipated 12 inch figures ever. Though I've been collecting one sixth scale for years, I haven't been this anxious to get my hands on a figure for some time.

I originally hoped Sideshow would get the liscense, but when I heard that Majestic was doing them, I was still happy. From the pictures I've seen, I'll love them to death. Though I'll be more than content with just having Barnabas and Quentin, I hope they continue the line and do other characters. DS would be one of the only lines where I would likely get 99% of the figures made. Usually, I select my favorites out of a line (especially if it's a bigger line).

They have all three DS figures and a full page add in the Diamond Previews catalog. I think Octobers. I pre-ordered 1700's Barnabas. Comes with THREE HEADSCULPTS! I sort of wanted Quentin but I'm watching pennies these days and figured I could do without. You might want to check with your local comic shop if you'd like to order one of the figures.
I may be wrong but I believe another series is planned after this which includes Angelique. I would definately get the Lara Parker doll also if it's a period version. Perfect accompaniment to Barnabas.

Did it say the release date was October? As far as I know they're due out this month.

I heard that about Angelique...I thought Julia was another character that was mentioned, but I'm not positive. I would like an Angelique and I would love a Josette, both in period clothes to go with the 1795 Barnabas.

I know what you mean about watching pennies. I'm skipping a couple other figures I want so I can get all three DS figures.

Just checked Previews, they all ship to the comics dealers from DD's warehouse January 2006. Odds are they will be available elsewhere before then. But you usually get at least a small discount for pre-orders plus no shipping charges as well as helping out a small business in your community if you do have a local comic shop. I try to buy what I can this way. Used to buy a number of SSC figures locally. Now sadly it's all online.

I'd like a Josette also. Julia? Not as much. I hadn't read about that one either. I'd be very interested in what sort of variants they might offer. Heck, I'd get Maggie in a heartbeat.

Their are so many interesting items about to be released like the HotToys Predators and Colonial Marines, a bunch of military stuff that for me are must haves, a couple of DC Direct 13" Supermans (hopefully this month), my usual pile of SSC stuff, and that's just the 1/6th. I really need to achieve a higher state of spending disapline. And after looking at the Previews catalog again, I really want Quentin also. Ah well.

I have one good comic shop near me, but they never carry the 1/6 scale figures. I remember when a few sideshow items were in stores. I buy online when I have to, but I actually prefer buying them in person. There's just something about going into a store and seeing what you want sitting there, making the purchase and holding it in your hands.... It's just not as fun for me to buy online.

If we get an Angelique, I definitely want a Josette, maybe in the wedding gown or the black mourning dress. There are so many characters on DS that would make great figures. Do you know if the figures come with any accessories? I know Barnabas has his cane and they both have extra heads....I'm curious about the packaging is well. Haven't seen a single pic of it.

You have quite a lot of must haves. :)

All of these different release dates are confusing me. Alter Ego comics list them as shipping in February....Quite a long span between October & February. By the time these figures actually come out I'll have died from the anticipation.

Heheh, let's confusle things even more ;) They're advertised in this month's Previews catalogue as 'scheduled to ship in January'.

Looking forward to these, even though I've never seen the show, and I'm raising my hat high to Majestic for including extra heads with each figure... I do wish they'd update they're damned website occasionally though :p

Nick

I was in contact with Majestic a short while ago. They stated that they were in the midst of revamping a whole new site for their figures. Hopefully that will be unveiled soon too. I'll probably pre-order them thru Alter Ego, that way if they arrive early, its already in the bag. And I've had nothing but good dealings with them. The extra heads is something I wish Sideshow would do when it is character appropriate.

I wonder why all of the conflicting release dates though. Hopefully when their site is up they will have an actual date for them. All these different stores that give different months is very frustrating to me. If I have to wait until February, fine, I've waited since they were announced in August of '04....I would just like to know a definite date. First I was excited about this month, now it's possibly January or February....it kills the excitement and makes me nervous about actually getting the figures. I know delays are to be expected but this seems overkill. First it was second quarter '05, then it was Fall, now it's looking like 1st quarter '06.

But then, I want these more than I've ever wanted 99.8% of my figure collection, so my patience isn't quite as good as it usually is.

Glad to hear Majestic is redoing the website.

I think for the smaller companies, like Majestic and Sci Fi Metropolis, the delays are out of their hands. They solicit time at the companies that make the figures and assemble them and sometimes their "booking time" gets pushed back. I know SFM was looking forward to having wave 2 of their Lost in Space line out this past August. Overseas delays have pushed that to Mar ch 2006 now. It's still good to see the small companies giving us licenses others aren't and all pretty damn good quality too [except the Munsters. I don't know what happened there :rolleyes: ]
I would like to see Majestic improve their body style but I really don't see it happening.

I've noticed more online stores have the figures for pre-order and list the shipping date as January....so January/February seems like when to expect them. I just hope they're actually released then.

Just to tide us all over....
ss1242b.jpg
ss1241b.jpg
ss1243b.jpg

Back