Statue Dam Toys Dino statues and busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
They have been making bust but now also statues

Attachments

• damtoys1s.jpg
    damtoys1s.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 322
  • datoys.jpg
    datoys.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 179
  • da1s.jpg
    da1s.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 347
  • dino1s.jpg
    dino1s.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Re: Dam Toys Dino statues

Glad to see they didn't buy the four legs walking Spinosaurus idea... I'm very satisfied with their T-Rex bust, will keep on with this line from now.

Ok i missed this thread lol posting Smilodon pics here :)

Spent more time with him and took my pictures. I really love what Damtoys have done here, it's just a beautiful piece with such fine details, i don't think my pics do it justice to be honest.

The Smilodon sculpt is great, i'm no expert and it might not be super accurate but it's aesthetically super pleasing, oozing with details and it has a great fur sculpt which can be so hard to get right.

The base is just glorious, i love the clear resin water effect all the little plants and details are brilliant.

Comparing to the prototype though the paint on the Smilodon overall could be better, it seems to have a lost that soft look which really made the sculpt look like fur that the prototype had, maybe it's the brighter colour...it's not a bad paint job by any means but it isn't as good as the prototype, it's lost abit of that realism it had.

Also the eyes have been changed, they seemed to have a bigger iris on the proto, here we have a large yellow eye with a black pupil which looks to be more akin to a Tiger which of course totally works and it does give the statue a little bit more intensity which i do like.

In fact the whole thing seems to have been "tigered up" which the more orange paint scheme and the change to the eyes, i like it, others might not.

For $225 i think it's real bargain for what you get and i doubt we'll see prices this low for this quality again....yes it's not at proto levels when it comes to the paints on the Smilodon itself but i'd say it was about 90% there which is in the parameters for myself and the base is super on point, i'm really happy with him overall.

Regarding the weight it's too heavy lol no idea why they made it this heavy. In fact i'm probably going to display him without the plinth, it doesn't add much apart from more weight and it's easier to display him with out it.

Pics.

Holy s*&t, this thing is a beast! No pun intended. First impression was that is a huge box. Second impression was, that is a heavy box! Lol!

It came packed with plenty of styrofoam in the box to protect it. Inside, it was wrapped in some silky cloth material. The cat base is padded on the bottom and the Base is padded as well. It seems they went the same way that PCS went with their Conan bases - it is a thin sheet of plastic glued onto the bottom of the polystone base. It feels a little lumpy but nothing major.

The paint is awesome for a prepaint. They even gloss coated the water underneath the tree. This is the cat I was aiming to get and think it trumps the cheetah one.

Did I mention it was heavy? And you can't beat the price. I guess this is due to the fact that it isn't licensed and it isn't numbered. As with all iphone crap pictures, the colors are too bright. He isn't this orange in real life.

cat2.jpg

cat1.jpg

cat3.jpg

cat4.jpg

Beautiful photos clutch and DeadGhostKnight! This looks like a really amazing piece - I have it on order from BBTS, so hopefully I'll be seeing him in person soon :)

That looks great, I was charged today for the Gobi version so I should get it maybe by Friday. Looking forward to getting it in hand.

I wonder if they'll do other prehistoric mammals, dire wolf, north american lion, even a bison would be cool.

SD-2.jpg

SD-1.jpg

SD-3.jpg

It's a lot heavier than I though it would be, and the metal slab base just adds.

Overall really nice detail and paint app, I like it a lot. Like to see more in the future.

It took a while, but my Similadon rainforest version finally showed up, and it truly is brilliant - and heavy as a mofo :p Seriously, she weighs in at almost 50 lbs with the base, but the weight is fitting for a statue with such a strong presence. This is seriously worth getting simply because it's so well done... Here are some hero shots of her - enjoy!

similadon 1 sm.jpg

similadon 2 sm.jpg

similadon 3 sm.jpg

similadon 4 sm.jpg

similadon 5 alt sm.jpg

In actual Dino statue news, the Quetzalcoatlus is delayed. Again.

I had the frill Dilaposaurus in route! I’m so happy this line is a thing. I hope Damtoys keeps the Dino’s coming!

Wow, both versions look really good. How big are these beauties anyway?

Back