Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, since it is clear that some of us in here also focus on artwork when it comes to SW collecting I figured I would start of a thread dedicated to sharing pics of our collections in that area.

As some of you know, I am going through "the D word" right now so I'm temporarily living at my father's (how's that for fitting the geek stereotype?). Therefore, most of my collection is in secured storage here as there is not room for display (including my fine art collection, which was big enough before but is now growing in leaps and bounds).

To get over the frustration of not being able to enjoy my collection for the time being, I've started to matte and frame newer pieces I have picked up (CIV, etc) as well as some previous pieces I had but had not yet framed properly.

So, for a teaser here are a few pics I just snapped:

Ass-kicking ARC Trooper print by Brent Woodside I picked up at C4(16x20):
art_01_arc.jpg

Custom Obi-Wan Sketch by Marc Wolfe ( 8.5 x 11):
art_02_wolfeobi.jpg

Awesome Sith/Jedi Companion sketch set by my pal Randy Martinez (8.5 x 11 ea):
art_03_randy.jpg

Custom caricatures of moi as Jedi and Sith by friend Randy Martinez. Hahahahah! (16x20 ea):
art_04_randycarl.jpg

Outstanding Russell Walks C4 print, which I cut and framed as 2 separate pieces (18 x 24 ea):
art_05_walks.jpg

Tsuneo Sanda's C4 print (approx 17 x 23) w/ accompanying sketch print and C3 "Congratulations" litho (8.5 x 11 ea):
art_06_sanda.jpg

I'm seriously having tons more fun collecting stuff like this and high-end props and statues than toys these days. I guess that just comes with getting old. :p

Pics of Adam Hughes' Leia print and MUCH more coming soon...

IJ if you dont mind saying, what did the Arc Trooper cost. I kept looking at that but never asked about it.

Not sure if he was selling those, but because I've purchased his stuff in the past, he actually gave it to me at no charge with the purchase of his regular C4 print :rock (I also had him sketch an animated Clone Wars Obi-Wan on the whitespace of the C4 print as a remarque. Trying to figure out how I want to frame that one).

Some may pop up on StarWarsShop.com at some point (with the obvious exception of those that sold-out at the con, of course).

I'm hoping for the Sanda print, but I'm guessing that sold out, it's such a nice collage piece.

MaulFan said:
I wish these prints were for sale to non-attendees.

What he said! There was a lot of nice artwork that non-attendees will be missing out on. I am working on getting a copy of this one for my office, to go in between my two shelves of GG animated maquettes:

onemoreseason.jpg

Irish, that custom Obi-Wan is very nice!

tomandshell said:
Irish, that custom Obi-Wan is very nice!

Thanks! I love it. It's already one of my favorite pieces. That pic does NOT do it justice. It's actually quite layered and detailed.

Also, Alison Sohn and Cat Staggs did remarques on my prints from them with Obi-Wan in a similar pose. I couldn't be happier with how they all turned out. :rock

Now, if I can just locate the custom ANH Vader vs Obi-Wan color sketch that Scott Erwert did for me... :confused: :google

MaulFan said:
I'm hoping for the Sanda print, but I'm guessing that sold out, it's such a nice collage piece.
The only prints that sold out were

Adam Hughes
Dave Dorman
Malcom Tween

I know starwarsshop has contacted everyone who had prints left...so it is jut a matter of time before they pop up.

I know I had very few left so I am not sure if they are going to pick them up.

Very nice IJ. I'm finding myself drawn more and more towards these art pieces. The only two I own now are the ACME 'Light of the Jedi' and 'Shadow of the Sith' CW pieces and I love both of those. I have Adam's Leia coming and I hope that's not the last piece of his I get. Baltimore Con is 3 months away so hopefully I can save some $$$ for some more there.

I'm going to hope and wait the same artists at CIV will show up at Dragon*Con later this year and have some of their works for sale.

*crosses fingers*

Ok here is a question where all these people are getting stuff framed. Mat or no Mat I am looking at prices a lot of them I can get more of a off the shelf frame and use no mat but to get a mat it requires a mat. I am wondering what would look better. A few I have to get a custom frame so I wonder what would be better.

Most of the bigger prints would look weird matted anyway and are actually standard sizes (18x24, 20x30, 24x36, etc). You can actually find really decent frames for those at places like Target or Garden Ridge for good prices.

Some prints however (AH!) require custom framing due to their unusual dimensions alone.

I just put the Vandestelt and Tommy Lee Edwards C4 prints in standard frames that cost less than $20 each and they look great to me. I'll snap a couple of pics in a few.

Cool thats what I was wondering, I need custom frames from Dave Dormans, Kilian PLunkett, Malcom Tween, and John Brosio.

I think I might wait for Arron Brothers 1cent sale where you get a second frame for a penny.

Here you go...

Sorry for the weird angles, but I wanted to avoid flash glare:

Vanderstelt (24x36):
artwork_c4_vanderstelt.jpg

Edwards (20x30):
artwork_c4_edwards.jpg

Too much. :lol

Vanderstelt's is a true lithograph and he was asking $150 (but he did a deal for 2, and I went in on that with my friend so it was a good bit cheaper) and Edwards' was $80 (but is printed on VERY thick archival paper).

By far, I spent more money on artwork than everything else at CIV combined. But due to my experience at C3 I was prepared for that going in and had it all budgeted accordingly. :eek:

Back