The Walls of Helm’s Deep Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=3115

053107helmsdeep.jpg

Aragorn's expression, or lack there of, completely ruins this enitire piece.

What a pity because I was excited about this.

pixletwin said:
I like the expression.. Kinda like he is saying "take your bear claws off me daddy-O!"

:lol

I agree. I don't see the anything wrong with the expression. He looks as if he has a serious I'm gonna kill you look.

carbo-fation said:
I like it! The sculpt seems to be the best Aragorn likeness produced by sideshow so far.

While I wouldn't argue with that point, I don't think it's as good as GG's bust.

Again, he needs to have some sort of sneer or ferocity in his expression. He's trying to kill these beasts coming ove the wall, not having a tea party with them.

I missed the whole WETA/SIDESHOW boat so I'm glad this line is coming out. From what I see so far, it looks like a definite winner.:clap :woo :aragorn :uruk-hai

im just glad we're seeing some steel.

now slowly move to more dynamic action please :cool:

it's working for me so far. and I think there's enough stubble as it is...by the time the factory paints it, it'll be a bit more filled in anyway I betcha. :monkey3

Darth Loki said:

What a pity because I was excited about this.

Don't judge this one so quickly. It's a fantastic piece. I'll bet that when you see it from other angles you'll agree.

The lower portion of the berserker looks thin. His sword also looks short. I mean a quick comparison to the SS/W version should take care of that. As for the other uruk, looking good. We need more pics of the action from all angles.

Folks, this ain't Spiderman vs Sandman, so this should be smaller. I would put the price at $150 still.

Darth Loki said:
While I wouldn't argue with that point, I don't think it's as good as GG's bust.

Again, he needs to have some sort of sneer or ferocity in his expression. He's trying to kill these beasts coming ove the wall, not having a tea party with them.

Agreed! He looks to bored, need more emotion eminating from his face. GG sculpt was spot on imo. Still looks bad ass though! :D

In the end, I was able to resist the first diorama. Despite the high quality, the overall size of the Crack of Doom piece was just a little too small, and I wan't really excited about that particular moment being captured in a sculpture. But this one is going to be harder to resist. It looks like we are going to have more detail this time around, with multiple characters, a chunk of the wall, the ladder, etc. If the size isn't too small and if the price is right then I just might cash in those reward points I have been saving up. I think it looks really good so far, and it seems to capture the grim/melancholy/determined feel that Viggo brought to the character. He does look intense, just not snarling. I'm satisfied with the preview, at any rate.

I am really anxious to see the final pictures.

Darth Loki said:

I agree, I am not sure why he doesn't have a more aggressive look?! :confused:

LOTRFan said:
I agree, I am not sure why he doesn't have a more aggressive look?! :confused:
100% agreement from me too - his expression is too bland. He's supposed to be fighting for his life and he looks like.... well, not a lot really... huge disappointment, as the rest of the sculpt looks very good.

I'm guessing the Berserker is going to be cleaved down the middle of his Chest.? This line looks very promising and cannot wait for Frodo and Gollum!

I've managed to not pull the trigger on ordering dioramas but this one might be more difficult. Aragorn's expression looks fine to me but I'll wait 'til the final product before I order it.

great diorama! aragorn's expression looks like he's thinking, " you want some more? well here's some more!'

Back