Golden Compass Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna watch the trailer in 720p HD.

But while it loads, dammit takes forever on yahoo vs. quicktime.com, I find it funny that I actually know of this from months ago because figures.com had said corgi purchased the licensing rights to make collectibles based on the movie. At the time, I was like, what the heck is the Golden Compass? So I am actually very intrigued to see this trailer with bated breath.

Those are some of the best visuals I seen in a movie. Now I want to have that compass! Love the detail in it! Heard corgi will me producing a replica of it. I wonder how accurate and faithful to the official film prop it will be.

Thanks jimmy for showing us the trailer. Definitely looks like another potential box office hit!

Eli26 said:
Those are some of the best visuals I seen in a movie. Now I want to have that compass! Love the detail in it! Heard corgi will me producing a replica of it. I wonder how accurate and faithful to the official film prop it will be.
I think there were pics of the MR compass at Toy Fair, but I can't remember where.

Just saw this trailer for the first time (I was saving it for the big screen). I read the books and thought they were okay, no Harry Potter or LotR though. However this trailer just blew me away. It will put Narnia to shame and could even challenge the Potter franchise. Here's hoping it does well so they can finish the trilogy.

Am very excited about this. Read the books just recently and liked them. Am presuming they will have a panel at San Diego to push the movie as well as Stardust .....I'm planning to be there for both.

I saw this trailer for the first time at FF4 2 and i have no idea WTF its about but man it look awsome!!! Those freaking armored Bares are sweet and the story looks cool PLus Bond is there!!!:lol I looks Awesome!!! the only thing i did not like from the trailer was the fact that they mentiond LOTR? and the ring is in the trailer to dont get the point! but what ever!:cool:

p!tu said:
the only thing i did not like from the trailer was the fact that they mentiond LOTR? and the ring is in the trailer to dont get the point! but what ever!:cool:
It's called marketing. They mention LOTR to get more asses into the seats.

Bannister said:
It's called marketing. They mention LOTR to get more asses into the seats.
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl i know i just hate it!!!! but its all about Dinero!!!!$$$$ ****marketing!!!!!:lol :lol :lol

They are just pointing out that it's from the same studio that brought you LotR. I've talked to some other people about the trailer and apparently it doesn't have the same impact if you haven't read the books. Unfortunately this trilogy is far more complex than LotR or Potter, so it might be a bit off-putting to some, but no can deny that it looks extremely cool.

Just watched the trailer, I agree it looks really good. Alot better then Narnia (which was Ok for me)...

Some French guy - Alexandre Desplat - not one of the usuals for an epic adventure. He's mostly done artsy films.

Darklord Dave said:
Some French guy - Alexandre Desplat - not one of the usuals for an epic adventure. He's mostly done artsy films.
Thanks Dave! i think his the guy who scored Firewall but not sure!

Back