Who should make 12" Matrix figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should make 12" Matrix figures?

• Hot Toys

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Medicom

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Sideshow

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Not interested in Matrix figures

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
I voted Sideshow in the Indy poll, but I'm going for Hot Toys this time because it needs that Eastern sensibility, plus I'm loving their Movie Masterpieces line right now.

And yes, I know 12" Matrix figures have already been done by Medicom, N2 and (unofficially) Hot Toys. But I'm hoping for a new non-limited-edition line that takes it to the next level.

Medicom already made an awesome neo,so i'll go with HT.(but i could care less so thats how i voted.)

medicom_neo2.jpg

medicom_neo.jpg

I love the first MATRIX movie. It was awesome. Great villain too, which is always key. The sequels really tainted the whole Matrix world. Its a real shame.

But I'd love a really nice set of Matrix figures from the first movie only: Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, Agent Smith and maybe some of the rest of the gang, Cypher and Switch always stand out.

I could be the only one in the world who liked Reloaded best - not so much as a movie but for the design and the new concepts it introduced. I could analyse and debate them for years!

But then I liked Alien 3 best too, so go figure ...

Why isn't Takara mentioned. I'm not familar with anything but the Batman Begins/Catwoman figures but I have to admit I liked them better than Hot Toys versions (i.e. Batman only)

adambadadam said:
Why isn't Takara mentioned. I'm not familar with anything but the Batman Begins/Catwoman figures but I have to admit I liked them better than Hot Toys versions (i.e. Batman only)
Yeah, I considered Takara but decided they'd be the least likely to do it, so left them out.

Outlander said:
I could be the only one in the world who liked Reloaded best - not so much as a movie but for the design and the new concepts it introduced. I could analyse and debate them for years!

I agree. Reloaded was the shiznit! Was not quite so gung-ho about Revolutions, the Wachowskis kind of wrote themselves into a corner.

Last edited:
Seth Gecko said:
Medicom already made an awesome neo,so i'll go with HT.(but i could care less so thats how i voted.)

medicom_neo2.jpg

medicom_neo.jpg

He is nice, but they made no Agent Smith, Morpheus, Cypher, Frenchman. And their Trinity sucked.

Hot Toys needs to make us some!!

metaphorge said:
I agree. Reloaded was the shiznit!

I, too, agree! Reloaded was the best of them all. It asks more of the audience and it isn't the empowering, escapist fantasy that the first one was, but it was the best of the three, IMHO. If you put the last two together it was like a LOTR movie. the problem with that is the first one was like the Hobbit and let's face it, if the Hobbit never existed as a book but came out as a movie today, and if LOTR was released as a followup, its audience would tear LOTR a new one for being too different (and too dark with too many characters going in too many tangents) from its predecessor.

metaphorge said:
I agree. Reloaded was the shiznit!

Well, maybe the second half.

But not all that tedious nonsense in the first half, with preachy dialogue, long-winded repetition... and all that jumping around in the caverns.

The Cave Rave was a important scene for the humans. It's one of things that sets them apart from machines.

Wor-Gar said:
Well, maybe the second half.

But not all that tedious nonsense in the first half, with preachy dialogue, long-winded repetition... and all that jumping around in the caverns.

But you need that for the rest of 2 and all of 3 to work. Just like you need all the long-winded stuff in Matrix 1.

gdb said:
But you need that for the rest of 2 and all of 3 to work. Just like you need all the long-winded stuff in Matrix 1.

2 and 3 didn't work, that's the point. All that long-winded stuff in Matrix 1 they completely neglected and missed the entire point they were trying to make. The Wachowski's sold out.

Back