Future of 1/6 Terminator line - i.e. Battle Damaged - Chain gun Arnie anyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that Sarah is shipping, it got me to thinking:

So, how well have the T-2 figures sold? Have they sold well enough to warrant more figures? While the T-850 is nice - with a great sculpt - a battle-damaged version with chain gun and launcher ARE T-2 Arnie to me. I know we can buy the parts to make out own, but what are the chances that Sideshow will make their own version in the future? I mean, all they have to do is modify the initial release, sculpt on some battle damage, and add the accessories ... presto .. instant sell-out. They could even make the launcher the exclusive to insure the exc. sells out. Come on Sideshow, make us proud.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the Terminator line hasn't sold too well. Just a gut feeling based on long sell-out times and the Second Chance offers.

I do hope they make a battle-damaged T-850 before they cancel it though.

You guys mean T-800, right? The T-850 was from Terminator 3.

It's going to really annoy me to not get John as a young teen, but I just don't see Sideshow doing it (as they still don't have a child-sized body style).

metaphorge said:
You guys mean T-800, right? The T-850 was from Terminator 3.

It's going to really annoy me to not get John as a young teen, but I just don't see Sideshow doing it (as they still don't have a child-sized body style).

Doh! I lose Geek points I suppose :D Yes .... I just just testing you guys ... yeah, that's the ticket .... :monkey1

DouglasMcc said:
Doh! I lose Geek points I suppose :D Yes .... I just just testing you guys ... yeah, that's the ticket .... :monkey1

Yeah, right... Guess I'll be the honest one here: I **cked up the number. :lol

I'm a huge Terminator fan , but neither of the S.S.T T2 figures have got me excited . There are better Arnold headsculpts on the market , better bodies and outfits . O.K , if you're not into customizing , then go for it, but unless I see them seriously discounted , then they're stopping on the shelf .

thundergod said:
I'm a huge Terminator fan , but neither of the S.S.T T2 figures have got me excited . There are better Arnold headsculpts on the market , better bodies and outfits . O.K , if you're not into customizing , then go for it, but unless I see them seriously discounted , then they're stopping on the shelf .

Which one is the best 1/6 Arnold sculpt according to you?
Just curious

At the moment, the question really is whether or not current dealings with the Terminator Franchise rights will impact those who have purchased rights for merchandising. As far as being a property, there seems to be a good love for Terminator at Sideshow, they have an impressive offering to date and with the new mini bust line starting, it doesn't look like they're going to drop the property any time soon, so one can only hope they won't drop the 1/6 figures. T-800 and T-1000 seemed to do fairly well, Sarah seems to be doing OK, but the character is a bit of a niche character where I'm sure only the real die hard Terminator lovers would jump at adding her to the collection without holding out for very low price on secondary market. I for one hope to see more offerings from the line.

Sarah will become the chase figure of the line. A few years from now, this, all this, it's gone. Just... gone.

Everybody will be looking for Sarah Caanaah then.

I was just thinking, I don't know how many of you ever owned the T2 figures, I think it was Kenner, put out when the film was released, but they never did a Sarah in that line, and John was a chase figure, I lucked out and got one of the originals eventually but it wasn't easy. Since John would be a half sized figure and the bike wouldn't have to be too big, it'd be cool to get a young John 1/6 with BMX.

Outlander said:
I felt they could have done more with the existing ones, i.e. interchangeable heads and more arms. There wasn't anything obviously robotic about them.

Based on owning the Anakin & Darth Vader 1/6 figures, I'm not a big fan of the current style for doing interchangable arms, and I have no experience with interchangable heads, but based on the arms, I would much rather see a fresh battle damaged T-800, and from a marketing stand point, if they do lower ES and produce 2 T-800 BDs, you can make more. The first BD would be Cyberyne with partial Endo skull reveal and bullet holes in his outfit with gloved hands, and the other would be steel mill T-800 with severed left arm, final scene Endo skull exposure, body Endo exposure, and more wear on the outfit.

DouglasMcc said:
Now that Sarah is shipping, it got me to thinking:

So, how well have the T-2 figures sold? Have they sold well enough to warrant more figures? While the T-850 is nice - with a great sculpt - a battle-damaged version with chain gun and launcher ARE T-2 Arnie to me. I know we can buy the parts to make out own, but what are the chances that Sideshow will make their own version in the future? I mean, all they have to do is modify the initial release, sculpt on some battle damage, and add the accessories ... presto .. instant sell-out. They could even make the launcher the exclusive to insure the exc. sells out. Come on Sideshow, make us proud.
I hate the term "chain gun". The weapon is a GE M134 Mini Gun. But I knew what you meant.

MaulFan said:
I was just thinking, I don't know how many of you ever owned the T2 figures, I think it was Kenner, put out when the film was released, but they never did a Sarah in that line, and John was a chase figure, I lucked out and got one of the originals eventually but it wasn't easy. Since John would be a half sized figure and the bike wouldn't have to be too big, it'd be cool to get a young John 1/6 with BMX.
Do you mean a motorcross dirtbike, or do you actually mean a BMX bicycle?

NSFolsom said:
I hate the term "chain gun". The weapon is a GE M134 Mini Gun. But I knew what you meant.

Do you mean a motorcross dirtbike, or do you actually mean a BMX bicycle?

Whatever bike John road, I know nothing about them, only enough to know it wasn't a motorcycle.

amarcord said:
Which one is the best 1/6 Arnold sculpt according to you?
Just curious

the T3 gentle giant mini bust is the best 1/6th arnold i've seen. next would be the 12 inch mc farlaine version. then maybe the un-official Ignite version. and then sideshow's version.

just my opinion.:D

i too was VERY let down by the sideshow T2 figures. this line could of been a homerun, but instead they grounded into a double play.

You guys really don't know what you are missing with this line. I love my Termi-nators the mostest out of all my 1:6 figures. Hot Toys and Sideshow really compliment each other well here and that's something I don't say lightly. There is still so much Sideshow can do with this line I just hope it isn't terminated. :monkey2

I was just hoping for Battle Damaged figs.... I'm just a fan of the Terminator (whether it is the T-800, T-850 or whatever) once he has failed in his infiltration mission and is balls to the wall trying to murder it's target.

Once he's all busted up, if your name is Connor.....you better start running. :lol

Last edited:
DarkArtist81 said:
if your name is Conner.....you better start running. :lol

This Connor doesn't run from anyone.......

highlander-connor.jpg

Back