Is Hot Toys Listening?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
With recent releases echoing the wants of several character do you think HT is listening to the fans?

Jedi Luke
Neo
Krennic

All figure wanted by the community for some time. Although they are safer bets than the missing Batman lines.

Do you think HT is finally going back to revisit what collectors want, versus what the figure of the moment is?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Krennic is the only one that makes me think so since he was never previewed or anything remotely close to a hint before that surprise tease a few weeks ago.

Neo is a personal favorite for them considering he was one of their first figures and Jedi Luke was totally inevitable. I am still annoyed at them for releasing a deluxe one later instead of just giving him the DX treatment like he deserved in the first place.

I guess we'll see what happens this year and whatever "surprises" they have in store for us with that other statement.

I think krennic is them giving it a shot to see how successful he is. Obviously they will always look at customers' opinions but they rarely let it influence what they release IMO
I agree that krennic was influenced by public demand

As someone who has worked in the collectibles industry for a while (primarily at Funko), I can tell you that sales speak louder than anything. It's hard to convince the powers that be to make a figure because "the fans want it" without corresponding sales figures, retailer interest, etc. And there's also the licensor coming in and telling you what they want you to make. Nothing gets made without their approval, and often want they want you focus on is different than whatever ideas you may have or what fans are asking for.

As someone who has worked in the collectibles industry for a while (primarily at Funko), I can tell you that sales speak louder than anything. It's hard to convince the powers that be to make a figure because "the fans want it" without corresponding sales figures, retailer interest, etc. And there's also the licensor coming in and telling you what they want you to make. Nothing gets made without their approval, and often want they want you focus on is different than whatever ideas you may have or what fans are asking for.

This makes all the sense in the world.

Though I'm still hoping for the improbable Vulture from HT.

Did you watch the new video from Hot Toys on the Sideshow Collectibles web-site?

blah blah blah--were're the best, highest standards, we have the rights to all Marvel movies...blah blah blah

Hey Howard....where the f$$k is the '66 Batmobile....?

That is the inevitable condition. Even if a company may be listening to and acting on consumer input, collectors are a funky bunch and typically assume the manufacturer has endless resources, because, after all, what Hot Toys and others are selling is imagination and fantasy.

At this point Krennic does seem to be a figure that they are making based at least somewhat on feedback they have received. That said I was surprised that he wasn't made with the first wave of RO figures. He was the main bad guy, created the Death Star, blends with the Death Troopers, and has a really cool outfit.

I can tell you that sales speak louder than anything.

Throw in such anomalies in sales as Black Widow being the most popular character at one point, and who can ever guess what will be made?

Every character forum should have a "purchased new" poll or counter so we can gauge actual sales at least in relation to the scope of active users.

Back