Orm/ Ocean Master Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cafranco_jr

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I haven't seen a threat about this and if there is one I'm sorry. I really hope Hot Toys gets to making DC villains. After watching aquaman I think Hot toys would do a great job

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

The miss judged this movie completely its blowing all the record and they have one figure lined up. I never understood this mentality since when has the success of the movie directly contributed to the figures sales if it looks cool people will buy it regardless of how the much money the movies does.

Every other toy company pushes out all the figures they can, and I am still waiting for a cyborg figure they even showed the prototype. So if they can't even make him the chances of a Mera, Black Manta, Orm figure are slim.

Mean while they have statues, dc direct , mafex but no Hot Toys

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The miss judged this movie completely its blowing all the record and they have one figure lined up. I never understood this mentality since when has the success of the movie directly contributed to the figures sales if it looks cool people will buy it regardless of how the much money the movies does.

Every other toy company pushes out all the figures they can, and I am still waiting for a cyborg figure they even showed the prototype. So if they can't even make him the chances of a Mera, Black Manta, Orm figure are slim.

Mean while they have statues, dc direct , mafex but no Hot Toys

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree with you that it's frustrating for us, the consumer, but maybe it's partly down to licensing or only momoa gave permission for his likeness to be used. I am hopeful we'll get a manta from hot toys but prob none of the other characters. I'd be all over a mera prime 1 (not artgerm verison) but I am resigned to the fact that it prob won't happen

Meh, some of us are happy

tenor.gif

Hot Toys doesn't have a good track record with releasing villain's and I am not sure why.

So many lines had either no villains or maybe 1.

As some have stated, I think a lot of it has to do with movie box office revenue, I think Hot Toys is using this as a gauge for how likely sales will be on figures. Which the AVP and Wolf Predators should have proved to them that logic is flawed. The figures sold great, but the movies didn't fair well as the box office.

Man, so many villains come to mind that I scratch my head and think Hot Toys what are you doing?

Batman Returns is a sure thing sales wise so only thing I could think of for not releasing a penguin is Danny DeVito not release likeness rights.

Batman Begins - Ra's al Ghul - seriously Hot Toys? We had a few different 3rd party tackle this and sell like hot cakes.

Man of Steel - Faora - probably one of the most "vocalized" we want villain figures I can think of in threads, FB etc.

Back to the Future - Biff.....HELLO...HELLO.....anybody in there...?.THINK HOT TOYS.....THINK!!!!!

BVS - Doomsday

JL - Steppenwolf

WW - Aries

Aquaman - Orm

I'm sure there are many many others that could be listed, these are literally just off the top of my head. Just weird, I would think, if you spend the money for the license, why not produce as many main characters as you can to milk the cost of the license. If you are unsure if the figure will sell, then do a 1st batch run, see how quickly it sells out to determine if you want to go larger production run. I don't know maybe its just me, but seems like some weird business decisions being made IMHO. Ofcourse I don't have all the data that I would hope is going into such decisions.

I think the better way to look at it is

Hot Toys doesn't put much effort into releasing non-Disney properties...

Yeah, Hot Toys was all about Marvel with little attention given to anything else. Now Disney has certain Marvel rights as well as Star Wars, so basically Hot toys works for Disney now

Yeah, Hot Toys was all about Marvel with little attention given to anything else. Now Disney has certain Marvel rights as well as Star Wars, so basically Hot toys works for Disney now

I’m starting to wonder if Disney doesn’t have a clause in their licensing agreement with HT: Sure you can do non-Disney related products, but you can only make a couple of characters, maybe one, from each film — but any more than that and we have the right to yank the contract. We’re the mega-giant here, and we can buy your company in a heartbeat with what we spend on ONE Board meeting lunch. :lol

If you go to hottoys.jp site, you can filter down and see what it is they have released. Just for Iron Man alone they have 62 "Movie Masterpiece" releases! c'mon, that's just overkill and farting out repetitive versions to cash in.

Back