Will Aquaman’s success have a halo effect on previous DC films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Aquaman’s success have a halo effect on previous DC movies?

• Yes, they’ve been underappreciated

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • No, they’re still (mostly) bad

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
Problem is, Aquaman is just as bad as BvS but in a completely opposite way.

It's like Aquaman is the PT (bloated, bad acting, crazy CGI)... and BvS is the ST (good acting, but uninteresting and trying too hard to send a message)...

Still waiting for the OT of the DCEU.

They had an OT. The TDK films. But instead of simply adding Supes, WW, and AM they decided to reboot the whole thing with the hopes that lightning would strike twice.

Well then that's not the OT. Nolan's world is not the Snyder universe. And I still saw Snyder's name on Aquaman so DC is still in the Snyderverse... and the Snyderverse hasn't had its OT. Likely never will.

But I'd agree in theory: Nolan's world should have been the starting point for the universe.

They had an OT. The TDK films. But instead of simply adding Supes, WW, and AM they decided to reboot the whole thing with the hopes that lightning would strike twice.

Even though I’m one of the few who loved BvS, MOS felt like the TDK trilogy and at the time I wanted it to be part of the Nolanverse (it helped that Nolan was EP).

I wouldn’t blame WB for the “reboot”, Snyder had his own vision and Nolan wouldn’t allow metahumans in his universe.

But Aftr Nolan left they could have shoe horned in the rest of the DC universe. His name was on MOS.

I've said from the start that I enjoyed BVS and JL. I thought they were much better than the credit they were given. I thought Aquaman was just ok. My wife hated it. It had cool action scenes mixed with a couple take your breath away moments with a lot of silliness. It tried to be comical like Thor Ragnorak but mostly failed. It honestly boggles my mind that it is doing so much better than BVS and JL.

This is a poll (for the benefit of those on Tapatalk/mobile).

If this every belonged somewhere , its here....

th

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

For me it makes bvs better and jl worse, but I still like bvs and hate jl lol

Yeah but Bale probably wouldn't have continued playing Batman so it would have been moot.

Exactly, and it's been said that Superman can't exist in nolans universe. They needed a reboot, is just a shame they did things in the wrong order

Exactly, and it's been said that Superman can't exist in nolans universe.

You sound like that one Magi guy in the Brendan Fraser Mummy movies. "It is written that Superman and Nolan cannot co-exist." Or what? 10 plagues will be unleashed on mankind? *Warner Bros* decided not to add MoS to the Nolanverse and they could have simply chosen NOT to keep them apart. Even if Nolan walked he had still laid the groundwork and I'm sure that WB could have thrown whatever amount of cash at Bale to entice him to return for at least one team-up flick.

Keaton walked away from the Bat franchise but then still ended up being ready to cameo with Nic Cage so these things are never set in stone.

Did anyone here watch the new Walmart comercial about classic movie cars? Notice anything wrong and out of place that relates to the DCEU?

Besides the lack of Speed Racer, James Bond, Herbie, Blues Brothers, and the Interceptor (mad max) of course...

Back