Media Anyone able to guide me on a Samsung Galaxy Tablet purchase?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kibishii

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone on here knowledgeable about tablets? I have absolutely NO clue what I am looking at and am not very "tech savvy".

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and am very happy with it, but we are taking an extended vacation/cruise to Europe this Spring and I want to buy a Samsung Galaxy tablet for the trip for Google Play apps, web browsing, Facebook, Netflix/Amazon Prime, etc. I don't care about the camera quality because my wife has a fancy digital camera that she will be using. I want the 10" screen and would prefer to purchase through Costco or Amazon because we have several giftcards for those places.

These are what I was looking at, but I don't really know the differences:
Costco:
1.) Samsung Galaxy Tab A Wi-Fi Tablet - Octa Core - Android Marshmallow - Black - Includes 32GB MicroSD Card- $269
2.) Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Wi-Fi Tablet - Octa Core - Android Marshmallow - Black - Includes Book Cover- $299 (on rebate right now)
Amazon:
3.) Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T580 10.1-Inch Touchscreen 16 GB Tablet (2 GB Ram, Black) Bundle with 32GB microSD Card- $204
4.) Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T580NZKAXAR 10.1-Inch 16 GB, Tablet (Black)- $229
5.) Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T580NZKAXAR 10.1-Inch 16 GB, Tablet (Black) and Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME64GA/AM)- $242

The one on rebate at Costco seems to be the newer version, but I didn't know if it is worth the extra $$$ for what I will be using it for. Thanks for any guidance or advice.

I bought #3 a few months ago at Costco for about $189 on sale. I use it for the same things you mentioned. Web browsing, ebay, youtube, etc. I've been very happy with it. It replaced an 8" tablet that was using the older OS that newer app updates weren't working with. (banking, etc) Battery standby time is fantastic. If you're going to save a lot to it, photos, videos, games, data, movies, spring for at least a 128gb card. It's worth it.

Back