Hot Toys Infinity War 1/6 ranking

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amarano

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Seeing as how IW is now available on Netflix for rewatching and the fact we’re in the home stretch of getting the HT counterparts in hand...

I’m wondering how you guys would rank the figures, whether by having them in hand or based on what you’ve seen we’re getting (thanos, iron man, etc)

i’m asking because every time i throw on IW i’m tempted to get someone new (except spider-man i just don’t like their iteration of iron spider) and i don’t know who my next figure should be (only have iron man on pre order)

if you want i guess you can even throw in past figures, star lord comes to mind, who don’t have an IW version, but watching the movie again has made you want them.

I think the War Machine Mark IV is going to be something special. I’d say of currently released figures, IW Thor is the best. He’s so good I finally bought a Thor.

Based just on pictures:

Doctor Strange
Thor
Thanos
Captain America
Bucky
Rocket
Groot
Iron Man
Iron Spider
War Machine
Hulkbuster
Black Widow

I think the War Machine Mark IV is going to be something special. I’d say of currently released figures, IW Thor is the best. He’s so good I finally bought a Thor.

i’ve been going back and forth between Thor and Captain America.

It’s so hard to pass up on Thor after his wakanda scene.

i was never a fan of cap til this movie and then going back to CW and WS with an admiration for his character arc. but for his IW figure, love the look, hate the wakanda shields.

i’ve been going back and forth between Thor and Captain America.

It’s so hard to pass up on Thor after his wakanda scene.

i was never a fan of cap til this movie and then going back to CW and WS with an admiration for his character arc. but for his IW figure, love the look, hate the wakanda shields.

There was an obnoxiously cheap CW Cap in the For Sale section this morning. There’s also a Stealth and Steve 2 pack for the cost of IW Cap. I have IW Cap on order, but I feel like I’m getting him for the Black Order weapons more so than the figure. I have AoU Cap and 10 Year Cap as well. I think you should get a classic Cap before IW Cap.

IW Thor is the ultimate Thor though.

Seeing as how IW is now available on Netflix for rewatching and the fact we’re in the home stretch of getting the HT counterparts in hand...

I’m wondering how you guys would rank the figures, whether by having them in hand or based on what you’ve seen we’re getting (thanos, iron man, etc)

i’m asking because every time i throw on IW i’m tempted to get someone new (except spider-man i just don’t like their iteration of iron spider) and i don’t know who my next figure should be (only have iron man on pre order)

if you want i guess you can even throw in past figures, star lord comes to mind, who don’t have an IW version, but watching the movie again has made you want them.

At this point I'd only like IW War Machine based on sculpt, character in movie, and beefy armor. (IW Bucky is already on PO - a fav character, so he was a given for me. Would like another IM but thinking of going for one of the older, classic armors.)

If I didn't have a DS, I would pick IW version up.

In general tho IMO the Infinity War figures seemed like a rush job for HT. To me. At least for Team Cap e.g. not a huge amount of accessories or lots of plastic (like they could've given BW a diecast spear); still no Okoye and no Outriders, Falcon, SW or Vision.

IMO for someone who is collecting based on film - I'd say diecast WM or Hulkbuster for long term value, either as a collectible or for re-sale. 10 year Cap seems to have been a hit, as is IW Thor. (But from roaming around E-bay, there are lots of Thors for sale. ). 10 year IM also.

How much do you wanna spend? U can read specific figure threads - but the older ones I know of besides IW figs are all gonna cost yah NIB: IM 6, 7, 43, 46, 47 (diecast versions if available); TWS Winter Soldier; CW battle Cap or classic CW Cap; Ultron Cap; CW Black Widow; CW Black Panther; CW Falcon; GOTG1 Rocket and Groot; Loki #1; Dark World or Roadworn Thor (for a classic look). Also a version of Hulk (I'd go for Gladiator myself). Oh, and Hela.

Only other suggestion I have is asking yourself how ur gonna feel in a year, 2 years, 3, about the fig. Like, Civil War IM is my only IM and I friggin' love that fig, every time I look at it:love. I've got a few like that (my Caps and Buckys). No-one touches my TWS Buckys.:cut

No point in spending IMO without the *LUV*:cool: 'coz later u end up w. buyer's remorse and empty wallet. If u can't see yourself with the warm fuzzies over a fig a year or two from now, IMO don't do it. E.g. what is focus of ur collection, if any. Also check out YT fig reviews for potential issues. PS. Plenty of KO or HT shields around u can source if u want IW Cap.

Despite the very limited posing options, Iron Spider is my favourite IW figure to date...certainly the most aesthetically pleasing to me. I'm really looking forward to Thanos, Bucky & War Machine...and even Iron Man Mk 50 (the more I watch IW, the more I love the suit). Those are the figures from this line that have me 'feeling it' (fingers crossed they don't get butchered between proto & final product).

I'm passing on the rest.

Despite the very limited posing options, Iron Spider is my favourite IW figure to date...certainly the most aesthetically pleasing to me. I'm really looking forward to Thanos, Bucky & War Machine...and even Iron Man Mk 50 (the more I watch IW, the more I love the suit). Those are the figures from this line that have me 'feeling it' (fingers crossed they don't get butchered between proto & final product).

I'm passing on the rest.

Yeah. There's that...*baffling:(:slap* when proto is met with enthusiasm and sculpt changes re production. PS. if I collected Spidey I'd go for IS - IMO effective design. Except I'd want the Iron Studios 1/4 poly!!:horror $$$$$$

Thor
Cap
Dr Strange
Mark L

To me, if you get those 4, you’ve picked up the main 4 heroes from the film.

Thanos though in HT form looks incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. There's that...*baffling:(:slap* when proto is met with enthusiasm and sculpt changes re production. PS. if I collected Spidey I'd go for IS - IMO effective design. Except I'd want the Iron Studios 1/4 poly!!:horror $$$$$$

Going forward, I'm going to stop pre-ordering and wait for final product pics before pulling the trigger....no matter how great the proto sculpt. Too many disappointments of late and those NRDs soon add up.

Going forward, I'm going to stop pre-ordering and wait for final product pics before pulling the trigger....no matter how great the proto sculpt. Too many disappointments of late and those NRDs soon add up.

There’s just no need to preorder. Nothing goes to waitlist anymore before the final product is shown.

People say HT is a make to order company but by now they have sales data where they know how much to make. Preorder numbers alone can’t determine supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the ones I own and others I have seen so far I’d have to say
Doctor Strange
Thanos
Iron Man
Thor him and iron man both can be too 3 imo
War Machine he could also end up higher
Iron Spider
Groot & Rocket
Bucky
Cap
Hulkbuster
Black Widow

Doctor Strange
Thor
Thanos
Iron Spider
Bucky
Captain America
Iron Man
War Machine
Rocket
Groot
Hulkbuster
Black Widow

i only own cap and Thor and iron spider should be here in the next few days and i have thanos,strange and Bucky on preorder

Bucky and iron spider are about the same spot for me really looking forward to Bucky

iron man and war machine are cool but i still prefer the civil war designs for both especially war machine

didnt care for teen groot,black widow or hulkbuster in the movie or in figure form rocket would be higher is he wasn't all reused parts i already have the vol2 version

so in regards to Thor based on what you guys have been posting...

he's considered a must have for IW, basically who I was contemplating

what the Thor line itself?

so in regards to Thor based on what you guys have been posting...

he's considered a must have for IW, basically who I was contemplating

what the Thor line itself?

Thor is definitely must if you are getting some IW figures. Not just one of the best IW ones, one of the best Thor’s period

Thor is definitely must if you are getting some IW figures. Not just one of the best IW ones, one of the best Thor’s period

which Thor would you recommend aside from him?

i’m a big fan of Ragnarok but not gladiator thor

i believe there’s one with the surtur helmet no? how was that one received ?

In no particular order:

Doctor Strange - I have the original version and I think the IW version looks almost the same; sculpt looks great
Star Lord - I have the vol 2 version and I love the sculpt and amount of accessories
Iron Man - I like the design of the Mark 50 armor
Iron Spider - Not a big fan of the spider legs though
Cap - I like his bearded look and the Black Order weapons
Scarlet Witch - CW or NA version both look good

which Thor would you recommend aside from him?

i’m a big fan of Ragnarok but not gladiator thor

i believe there’s one with the surtur helmet no? how was that one received ?

Yea there's roadworn thor but he is up there in price now I just grabbed one to complete my ragnorok set...if your not into gladitor thor (I think it's one of his best looks) the age of ultron one is pretty cool same sculpt as the roadworn thor but has the more polished asgardian look he's had for most the movies iw with bare arms and cape,gladitor and roadworn are my favorites

Yea there's roadworn thor but he is up there in price now I just grabbed one to complete my ragnorok set...if your not into gladitor thor (I think it's one of his best looks) the age of ultron one is pretty cool same sculpt as the roadworn thor but has the more polished asgardian look he's had for most the movies iw with bare arms and cape,gladitor and roadworn are my favorites

wow just looked at roadworn thor on ebay and prices are pretty much the same as Mark 46 that’s insane

For me, Gladiator Thor (with helmet) and Infinity War Thor (with eyepatch) are the closest HT have come to capturing Chris Hemsworth in 1/6 form...and even then, neither figure is quite there.

As for Roadworn Thor - good figure, with nice outfit and accessories but bears little resemblance to Hemsworth and is ridiculously overpriced on the secondary market (which I'm guilty of contributing to as I sold mine for silly money several months ago).

Just my 2 cents.

Back