Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 237 of 255 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2541

Default Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by The Buffinator View Post
    I think the OSK versions are higher quality (better ball joint fit), but these other ones work OK.

I thought so as well. What's odd is that the knee joint is actually toward the bottom of the knee pads. The pad positioning (at least on mine) makes the calves seem longer than they actually are.

Thanks Buffinator, I just ordered a set!!!

And thanks for the picture, seems exactly like what I want regarding adding some height to that figure!

As far as the knee pad thing, I seem to recall a similar issue with another figure I have. I think it was with my Civil War Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega9300 View Post
    Thanks Buffinator, I just ordered a set!!!

And thanks for the picture, seems exactly like what I want regarding adding some height to that figure!

As far as the knee pad thing, I seem to recall a similar issue with another figure I have. I think it was with my Civil War Black Widow.
    No problem, glad to help. You're correct about the CW Black Widow knee pads, and the AoU BW has them like that as well. In retrospect I suppose it makes sense with those hard plastic pads, otherwise they'd probably limit articulation and/or pop off quite easily.

Carol is in the house! Here's a quick pic in a rather neutral pose:

Attachment 486453

This is actually my deluxe order from Sideshow - my regular version from PCZ (along with Punisher War Machine) should be arriving tomorrow. When that comes I'll set it up with the BL sculpt & leather jacket. BTW, I added ankle extensions which IMO makes her look the appropriate height (although she already looked as tall or taller than my BWs, Gamora, Maria Hill, Scarlet Witch, etc.). I used the ones which are the third from the left in the photo below, which fit snugly in her shoes without use of an additional ball joint (this effectively made them 1/2" extensions, but I didn't have those available). Using these raised the ball joints to the top of the shoes, allowing for greater range of motion. Note that the pegs in CM's legs seemed to be glued in place, so replacing them with longer pegs didn't appear to be an option.

Attachment 486458
    Here's a quick comparison shot:

Attachment 486466

I should mention that the ball joint fit on my adapters is a bit loose. You may need to put a piece of tape or fabric in there so it's a tighter fit.
    Awesome, Buffinator!!! Glad you're happy with the Captain The ankle extenders do make her look a bit better, so cool of you to go for it.

Freakalicious

Feedback
    Buffinator those ankle extenders are a great idea! I will most definitely be picking up a few sets for Captain Marvel and Hela. Thanks for the reminder for those. Today I just completed my Captain Marvel shelf today by finally getting in the Toys Era skrull set with a Pop Toys x27b suit set.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cm n talos2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	296.1 KB 
ID:	486554

Quote Originally Posted by zalesk37 View Post
    Buffinator those ankle extenders are a great idea! I will most definitely be picking up a few sets for Captain Marvel and Hela. Thanks for the reminder for those. Today I just completed my Captain Marvel shelf today by finally getting in the Toys Era skrull set with a Pop Toys x27b suit set.Click image for larger version. 

Nice setup! What a fun addition of having Talos in your display!

Freakalicious

Feedback
    Thanks man. Yea I used to never get third party things because I didnt think they would look decent enough next to hot toys figure. Then got a few things that actually compliment hot toys well. I'm sure hot toys will make a skrull at some point, but until then the toys era set works perfectly.

Just a little freaky

Feedback
    The Toys Era Talos headsculpt is really solid.
    Hot Toys: Cap (TFA), Black Widow (Avengers), Thor (Avengers), Thor (IW), Falcon (Winter Soldier), Daredevil, Loki (Ragnarok), Ultron, Wolverine (The Wolverine), Spider-Man (IW); Ant-Man (AM)

Looks cool Zalesk!

Freakalicious

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by zalesk37 View Post

Nice Talos! What body did you use for him?