Hot Toys teases big announcement for 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemicals

Super Freak
Reaction score
“At Hot Toys, we’ve trained minds to constantly set challenges, and we’ve become good not only at picking the next challenges, but also completing them.

Stay tune to our upcoming announcement that you don't want to miss out!“

Watch here
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br_7vaQgIWz/

My mind has been trained not to get excited about this sort of thing and also that the words 'stay tuned' or 'coming soon' can be utterly meaningless from this company.

Immediate wet blanket post :lol

The big announcement is more of the same. Predictable releases while ignoring comic figures, World Of Warcraft etc.

My mind has been trained not to get excited about this sort of thing and also that the words 'stay tuned' or 'coming soon' can be utterly meaningless from this company.

Immediate wet blanket post :lol

Exactly. They've been doing this sort of New Year announcement thing in different forms now for the past 8 or 9 years.

All you gotta do to know what 2019 holds is look at all the releases that made up the past year for 2018.

- Aquaman 2.0
- Hall of Armor 3.0
- Jedi Luke 2.0
- Jedi Luke 2.0 Deluxe
- Stormtrooper 3.0
- Harry Potter Johnny Depp
- Harry Potter Stephen Hawking
- Wonder Woman 4.0
- R2-D2 deluxe
- Deadpool 3.0
- Hulkbuster Iron Man
- Hulkbuster Iron Man (deluxe)
- Iron Man
- Iron Man
- Winter Soldier 3.0
- Old man Luke
- Princess Leia (Bespin gown ver)
- Spider-Man (Punk rocker variant)
- John Wick
- Winnie the Pooh and Piglet
- Black Panther 4.0
- Black Panther girl
- Ant-Man 3.0
- Iron Man
- Iron Man
- Spider-Man video game
- Darth Maul
- Darth Maul w/ Speeder
- War Machine 4.0
- Darth Vader 1/4
- Captain America 8.0
- The Ant-Man girl
- Another Ant-Man
- Iron Man (Tron version)
- Deathstroke
- Anakin Skywalker 2.0 w/ Sith eyes
- Count Dooku
- Yoda
- Han Solo Trooper
- Han Solo disguise
- Regular Solo Han Solo
- Another version of Dr. Strange
- Another version of Deadpool
- Another version of Gamora
- Hulkbuster (non-poseable)
- Spider-Man (Iron Man version)
- Infinity War Gauntlet
- Black Widow 8.0
- Thanos 2.0
- Groot 3.0
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Loki 3.0
- Rocket Racoon 3.0
- Thor 8.0
- Infinity War Gauntlet
- Iron Man
- Iron Man
- Black Panther Creed
- Black Panther Purple
- Red Royal Guard
- Palpatine
- Neo
- Superman Justice League
- Boba Fett 4.0
- Iron Man

So that's 65 releases.

- 1 DC video game character
- 2 are misc/cult classic figures, ironically of Keanu Reeves
- 2 Harry Potter guys
- 3 of those are DC, all variants of new DCEU that of come before

The rest are Disney licenses

- 1 Winnie the Pooh
- 19 Star Wars, all variants of characters/types that came before
- 37 Iron Man, all variants of characters/types that came before

Now look at the upcoming releases for 2019,

bs.jpg

The majority of releases are going to be Star Wars Prequels (Krennic, Episode III troopers, Jango, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan), Empire Strikes Back (Han, Lando, Luke, etc.), Star Wars episode 9 Rey, Kylo, Finn, Luke, ROTJ Darth Vader, Iron Man, Infinity War 2.0, Capatain America, Black Panther, 3-4 versions of Spider-Man, a couple of different versions of Captain Marvel. Probably an Aladdin figure or two and maybe Lion King. Disney Marvel and Star Wars is going to be a bulk of those releases, with Iron Man, Spider-Man and Star Wars troopers being the focus.

The rest will be obligatory promotional releases for Hellboy, Shazam, Phoenix Joker and maybe a Terminator or two from Terminator "3".

No it was released in 2012, pre die-cast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's pretty much guaranteed. I certainly hope they're cleverer than 'teasing' a ''big announcement'' for something that everyone knows is going to get made anyway.

Exactly. They've been doing this sort of New Year announcement thing in different forms now for the past 8 or 9 years.

All you gotta do to know what 2019 holds is look at all the releases that made up the past year for 2018.

The majority of releases are going to be Star Wars Prequels (Krennic, Episode III troopers, Jango, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan), Empire Strikes Back (Han, Lando, Luke, etc.), Star Wars episode 9, ROTJ Darth Vader, Iron Man, Infinity War 2.0, Capatain America, Black Panther, 3-4 versions of Spider-Man, a couple of different versions of Captain Marvel. Probably an Aladdin figure or two and maybe Lion King. Disney Marvel and Star Wars is going to be a bulk of those releases, with Iron Man, Spider-Man and Star Wars troopers being the focus.

The rest will be obligatory promotional releases for Hellboy, Shazam, Phoenix Joker and maybe a Terminator or two from Terminator "3".

Damn that's a comprehensive post.

But yeah. The announcement might aswell be ''Those who have been happy with our output for the past number of years shall continue to be happy.''

Pretty much every figure featured in that video was Marvel, so that leads me to believe that, whatever this announcement may be, it will most likely be Marvel related.

Pretty much every figure featured in that video was Marvel, so that leads me to believe that, whatever this announcement may be, it will most likely be Marvel related.

I'd only want then to go and fill in any villain gaps if that's the case.

Back