What are your rules of collecting? Any exceptions to the rules?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BACON!

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I really only have one rule for my collection. By and large, it is one figure per character. My only Batman is the 1966 version. My only Spider-Man will ever be the Homecoming version. Most of my Avengers are AOU. My only exception is Iron Man; however, with the Suit Up Gantry, I think I may have hit my limit with that character.

How about you?

When collecting Star Wars my focus is Original Trilogy Imperials only. With Terminator, I just collect T1 and T2 Endoskeletons. All this helps me with the limited budget and display space.

Only one per character. But I have the first two catwoman pfs...
Only 1/4 scale... But I have one 1/3 and more on order.
Only comic pieces, not film... Oh well, it seems I have no rules any more lol

Aside from a handful of characters, I try to limit myself to one iteration of most. And I could care less if they are all from the same movie (like Avengers figures), I’m more interested in having a version of each character that I like the best, rather than this is how they looked in the same movie as the other characters next to them.

Only characters I feel a significant emotional connection to.

Only 1/6 figures and horses, plus a few 1/1 prop replicas if I like these particular objects and can afford them / have the space.

No statues. Exception: Weeping Angel, that just has to be a statue. Also the fairy statues that I used to collect before I started with movie / tv show related stuff.

No completism. Bad experiences with that sort of mindset when I started collecting, thankfully came to my senses.

Back