Factory Entertainment - Aquaman Hero Trident Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenixblazes

Super Freak
Reaction score
"Factory Entertainment is proud to present the Aquaman Hero Trident Prop Replica! This limited edition collectible is high-quality and an officially licensed hero-version of the Trident prop used by Aquaman in the 2018 film.

Copied directly from the original prop with exacting attention to detail, this stunning 72-inch heavy duty replica is moulded out of solid metal and features Atlantean script on the shaft as seen in the film. Each replica comes in 3 sections which are easily assembled via an integrated threaded mechanism. Each replica includes a display plaque and a certificate of authenticity.

A must-have for fans of Aquaman!"

License: DC Comics
Type: Prop Replica
Manufacturer: Factory Entertainment

Expected to Ship: Apr 2019 - Jun 2019

Materials: Metal

72" H (1828.8mm)

dc-comics-aquaman-hero-trident-prop-replica-factory-entertainment-904118-01.jpg

dc-comics-aquaman-hero-trident-prop-replica-factory-entertainment-904118-02.jpg

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

Up for preorder at Sideshow:- https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-aquaman-hero-trident-factory-entertainment-904118/#&gid=1&pid=2

Any pictures .?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't able to upload the photo files from the Sideshow website. Kept on saying invalid file. Copied these simplier photos from Factory Entertainments website. But the ones from Sideshow are better presented.

I wasn't able to upload the photo files from the Sideshow website. Kept on saying invalid file. Copied these simplier photos from Factory Entertainments website. But the ones from Sideshow are better presented.

Amazing thank you ...

Now got to wonder which one to order .. this one or the JL .?

Amazing thank you ...

Now got to wonder which one to order .. this one or the JL .?

I've already paid off the Australian Ikon Collectables one. It arrived at the manufacturers on the 17th of December, but my retailer has yet to ship it out. But because Popcultcha is closed over Christmas it could be awhile before they ship it out to me.

I was hoping to get it before I watched the solo movie in a few days.

I loved the movie and would very much like to get this. I love that it's made out of metal!
But isn't it a bit undersized/short? The stated height is 72" (183cm) but when you see
Jason Momoa with the Trident in hand it's always taller than him and he's a tall guy,
6'3 or 6'4 or 75-76" (190-193cm) depending on source so I would guess the movie Trident
is somewhere between 80-85" (211-216 cm) or even more? It says the Trident is copied
from an original prop though, perhaps there were several for different scenes... In the scene
when he takes the Trident from King Atlans corpse and he is connected to all living creatures
in the sea (or whatever that was) he looks through the "forks" of the Trident straight into the
camera so there they line up with his eyes so the Trident is probably shorter, unless the "foot"
is not placed on a lower step... I know, I overanalyze :rolleyes:.

I suppose there won't be another official Aquaman movie Trident made from another company
so I'll most likely go ahead and order it anyway. :)

The best pic I could find, he's not standing perfectly straight here but the comparable size
is quite visible.

Aquaman.jpg

It's definitely too short compared to that pic but I don't know if that matters so much. As you say, they prob used different props of differing sizes

I’ve tried posting a few times on their Facebook asking that very question regarding the accuracy of the Trident, but those comments of mine have been deleted repeatedly!

So rather than answering my question, they do the worst thing, not to just ignore it, but to delete it and hope no one notices the question. Heck they once deleted their very own post, and not just my comment.

I would’ve already preordered the piece, but that seriously turns me off.

Can everyone here who wants to know, place a query on their Facebook posts (they’ve had a few on this very item which are pretty much at the top of their page) to see if yours are deleted as well.

It's definitely too short compared to that pic but I don't know if that matters so much. As you say, they prob used different props of differing sizes

My issue is that I’ve currently got the Ikons Collectables Queen Trident (I’ve been meaning to post images in that thread for the past week), and that is 7 feet tall. So if I were to display this with the Kings Trident, the King Trident would definitely seem undersized.

My issue is that I’ve currently got the Ikons Collectables Queen Trident (I’ve been meaning to post images in that thread for the past week), and that is 7 feet tall. So if I were to display this with the Kings Trident, the King Trident would definitely seem undersized.

I see your issue there, I'd have the tips at the same height and this one would just have to be further off the ground. I think they'd still look good together

I love this. I’ll be ordering through SS. Even if it’s “too short” it’ll look great hanging on the wall.

I love this. I’ll be ordering through SS. Even if it’s “too short” it’ll look great hanging on the wall.

I’ve got it preordered as well.

But I must admit that I’m still kinda annoyed that they repeatedly deleted my queries on its accuracy regarding the height of the Trident on their Facebook posts :gah: Great way to shut down a debate, is not to have it in the first place.

I’ve got it preordered as well.

But I must admit that I’m still kinda annoyed that they repeatedly deleted my queries on its accuracy regarding the height of the Trident on their Facebook posts :gah: Great way to shut down a debate, is not to have it in the first place.

Yea that is annoying. Why not just leave the questions? Plenty of companies don’t reply to them.

This has got be one of the most delayed pieces I’ve ever preordered.

It was supposed to ship Apr-June 2019, and of course every month I would get a delay email from Sideshow. Then I received a notice with a Sept-Nov delivery window, and then the pattern repeated again with monthly delay emails until last month, and today I again received an email notice with an updated Aug-Nov 2020 delivery window.

This is getting quite annoying, waiting for an already under scaled piece, with a company that doesn’t answer legitimate queries, and then deletes said queries from their Facebook page ....... what is it with replica companies. First eFX is a pain, and now this one as well.

From their website:

Dear Factory Entertainment Customer:

We’re writing to you because you’ve preordered our Aquaman Trident Limited Edition Prop Replica and/or our Sword of Inigo Montoya Limited Edition Prop Replica. Both of those items have been delayed well beyond their originally estimated ship dates. We’ve received and individually answered a number of customer inquiries about the status of these items but, with the advent of a new year, we wanted to give everyone who has ordered them a detailed explanation of the reasons for the delay and an update on where things stand, as we’re sure that many of those customers we haven’t heard from are similarly anxious.

As we hope all of you know, during the nine years Factory Entertainment has been in business we have produced dozens of high-end prop replicas and hundreds of other premium collectibles, virtually all of which have been delivered on schedule. When announcing a ship date, it has been our policy to wait until we have a high degree of confidence that we will meet it, based on our review of samples (of which there will be multiple iterations on any high-end product), receipt of approvals from the relevant licensors and the track record of the applicable factory in meeting its projected ship dates based on prior performance on similar items. Therefore, once we saw near final samples of the trident and the sword from a factory that had reliably produced several items for us in the past, we felt comfortable relying on the factory’s projections of production times and set our expected ship dates accordingly.

Unfortunately, in the case of both products, the production pieces did not meet the high quality standard we expected based on the pre-production samples we had signed off on, necessitating that new molds be created.

Mold-making is one of the most important (and time consuming) elements in the manufacture of prop replicas. The need to make new molds for these two products is the reason that substantial delays have crept into both. We deeply regret the delays, but we hope you share our belief that it’s more important to produce quality products than to be bound to specific delivery dates.

At this point we can assure each of you that the replica you ordered will be delivered sometime in 2020 and will be of the exceptional quality you have come to expect from Factory Entertainment. As of today, however, we’re reluctant to project precise new shipping dates because we don’t want to add to any frustration you’re already feeling from the delay by throwing out a date that may slip again. We promise that we will update you, via our newsletter, as soon as we have high confidence of the actual shipping window. That will be only after final production on the item has completed and the production run has been reviewed and passed by our QC inspector.

We acknowledge that some of you, because of the delay, may no longer wish to receive the product you ordered. We hope that won’t be the case, but if you wish to cancel your order, and you do so before the end of February 2020, we will, in recognition of the material length of the delay, refund the otherwise non-refundable deposit you previously paid. Please just note that, because these are both limited editions, if you cancel your order you may not be able to reorder the item. That is particularly true of the trident, which has been sold out for quite some time on pre-order and for which there is already a substantial waiting list.

We thank you for your patience with us as we work with our factory to address the mold issues which have delayed these replicas. In the coming weeks and months we will not only update you on the progress of these two items, but we will also give you a peek into some of our replica plans for the rest of 2020 and 2021. If you’re fans of Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Star Trek, James Bond, Game of Thrones or Ultraman, to name but a few of the licenses involved, we think you’ll find them very exciting.

With our best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year,
THE FACTORY ENTERTAINMENT TEAM

Thought I was the only one waiting on this item.

Yup, have to agree ...this is the longest delayed PO I've ever had.

One year later, do we think this will be released soon? Sideshow says March to June 2021 but haven't been keeping track of if this has changed

One year later, do we think this will be released soon? Sideshow says March to June 2021 but haven't been keeping track of if this has changed

It’s now two years later than the original ETA window (Mar - Jun 2019) listed on Sideshows website when this was first put up for preorder.

I messaged them recently and they replied that Summer to Fall this year. Given that I live in the Southern Hemisphere I had to guess what they means. But even if it’s June to November, after all this time I’m still not sure if I trust them to produced this underscaled piece.

I finally had to cancel this order. It's been too long ...and not very excited about it anymore. So on to better and brighter things!

It’s now two years later than the original ETA window (Mar - Jun 2019) listed on Sideshows website when this was first put up for preorder.

I messaged them recently and they replied that Summer to Fall this year. Given that I live in the Southern Hemisphere I had to guess what they means. But even if it’s June to November, after all this time I’m still not sure if I trust them to produced this underscaled piece.

I know it's underscaled but at 6 ft it's plenty big enough for my room, I'm going to put it between the skirting board and the picture rail in my cave

I finally had to cancel this order. It's been too long ...and not very excited about it anymore. So on to better and brighter things!

Ah fair enough, I rewatched aquaman the other day so ended up ordering lol

Back