2018 Figure of the Year! Voting Starts TODAY! CONTEST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
logo.jpg

coollogo_com-22025904.jpg

It's that time of year again! Time for the freaks to vote for the 2018 Figure of the Year. This is where our community picks out the best release from 2018.

Here are the rules:
1. Pick your top 3 (three) Figures RELEASED in 2018
2. Figures can be of any scale
3. Please only post your vote once. Support your Vote with pictures.
4. The figures that receive the most votes wins!
5. Voting ends Jan 31st, 2019

Pictures are encouraged to support your choices (they can be pictures from anywhere, not just your own). As a added bonus , I will randomly select a winner from those who posted their votes using pictures and they will win a prize! (Prize to be determined).

So lets get going and decide which figure/company holds the top 3 spots.

Xip

To get started....

Here is a list of some of this years big releases:(not inclusive)

Hot Toys
Jedi Luke Skywalker
TLJ Kylo Ren
TLJ Leia
TLJ Rey
TLJ Luke Skywalker
Grand Moff Tarkin
ROTJ Emperor
ESB Darth Vader
Holday Special Boba Fett
ROTS Anakin Skywalker
ROTJ Royal Guards
TR Thor
TR Hulk
GOTG Yondu
Spiderman Homecoming
IW Iron Spider
TR Hela
BP T’Chaka
The Matrix Neo
DMTNT Jack Sparrow
JL Tactical Batman

SSC
Magneto
Batman classic

Blitzway
Hannibal Lecter

VTS
Furiosa

RedMan
Coppola Dracula
Butcher II

Threezero
Michael Myers
TWD Daryl Dixon
TWD Negan
Leatherface

M8
John Lennon

Asmus
The Hobbit :Thorin

Qmx
Princess Bride Westley

TBLeague
Lady Death Deluxe
Purgatori

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

1. Yondu
2. DX15 Jack
3. Batman Tactical

Now this is a "best" list, not my "favorite" list... that one would be a bit different.

Last edited:
I only picked up two HT this year but both are worthy contenders IMO.

1. DX15 Jack Sparrow - love the character and super happy to finally have a worthy Jack in my collection.

x0V4gf6.png

2. Hela - this one wasn't necessary for me because I didn't care for the character or movie, but I still love the costume design and the figure itself is just so well done with an incredible likeness.

z3dRMhU.png

3. Super Poseable Indoraptor - not HT I know, but I'm so glad that we finally have fully-articulated JW figures and I haven't had this much fun with a toy in years.

9secjaX.png

It doesn't seem to get much love here but the Hot Toys Arkham Asylum Joker is my favourite figure of 2018. Think it released very end of January or early February so it should just qualify.

Since I only vote for figures I've seen in hand that's my only vote so far lol. Still waiting on my tactical suit Batman and most other figures I bought this year are older releases.

Asmus Vergil.
CC Toys Survivor Joe
Lim Toys Big Boss/Venom
Ourworld Rebecca Chambers

Personally I couldn't care less about Hot Toys anymore.

1. Neca 7" TMNT movie turtles are easily my picks for the best of 2018.

NECA-GameStop-TMNT-001-928x483.jpg

2. Despite its shortcomings, Hot Toys Homecoming Spider-Man has been a must-display even with the limited shelf space I have had available. Plus the Holland head sculpt makes for a great kit-bashed Peter Parker.

hottoys-spiderman-homecoming-1001676-1280x0.jpg

Third is tough. I have to give props for Diamond Select finally giving us some accurate Real Ghostbusters figures, Asmus for nailing the Gimli beard, Hot Toys on the Yondu and Tactical Suit Batman, but none is in hand for me.

3. So I guess I'd have to also give to Hot Toys Jedi Luke, even though it may come down to more of the iconic level of the character than its execution.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Not a snowball's chance in hell of winning but I'm going to nominate NECA's Rick Hawkins from Predator

SDCC-2018-Predator-Hawkins-011.jpg

Fans have been begging for the rest of the P1 special forces team to join the existing Dutch figure(s) and NECA came up with this guy for SDCC '18 and he's excellent.

Only going with figures that I own and have studied carefully in hand:

Hot Toys DX15
Hot Toys Tarkin
Hot Toys General Leia

Hate to go negative and slightly off topic but I am going to throw in a special mention of the absolutely most DISAPPOINTING figure of the year and that honor goes to...

VTS Furiosa!!!!!

After the amazing job they did on Max and how great the prototype pictures were, what a tragedy that this ended up being just a box of parts for custom projects. It was not just the scale being off either...what was that headsculpt?I have never resold a figure that quickly in my life.

Back