Neca Friday the 13th Lake Zombie Pamela Vorhees

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the retro line which is 8" The Jasons in retro are 8" also.

Oh. Gotcha, thank you! I wasn't aware there was a difference. I collect the newer releases Jason, which I assume are the regular line, so this figure would be out of scale for me. Thank you for clearing that up, much appreciated!

Have her crouching near a canoe or something and the scale could be fudgeable. Who knows if she’ll ever be offered again in any scale.

If this is a good seller hopefully it motivates them to do an ultimate Mrs. Voorhees from the first film. I had the retro Pamela from SDCC but sold it since I stopped collecting that line.

I think it’s strange that the regular Pamela was made an exclusive and this one is not. I remember Randy saying something that it had to be an exclusive because it wouldn’t sell well enough at regular retail.

If this is a good seller hopefully it motivates them to do an ultimate Mrs. Voorhees from the first film. I had the retro Pamela from SDCC but sold it since I stopped collecting that line.

I think it’s strange that the regular Pamela was made an exclusive and this one is not. I remember Randy saying something that it had to be an exclusive because it wouldn’t sell well enough at regular retail.

No likeness rights available. They made a separate deal for her before she passed away, and this one is different since she's covered in prosthetics and doesn't use Betsy's likeness.

No likeness rights available. They made a separate deal for her before she passed away, and this one is different since she's covered in prosthetics and doesn't use Betsy's likeness.

I understand all that. I meant I was curious why they didn’t make the first retro Pamela a regular wide release so more people could have gotten her. It goes for huge amounts on eBay.

I just hope they are able to contact Betsy Palmer’s estate to make a deal for an ultimate Pamela figure. It seems like a no brainer, unless they don’t think it will sell that well based on the cost to make the figure. I know the tooling costs for the retro figures is much lower which is why there is a wider variety of characters made in that format.

The first retro Pamela was sold at my local Toys R Us, so it did make it to regular retail in some capacity.

Sure thing. I'm a huge fan of the older 7" and now ultimate figures. At the risk of sounding like a complete fanboy, I'm a huge NECA fan. The 8" stuff isn't really for me. By the time I decided I might try to grab those figures, I'm already too late into the line. I will get this one though. I have the old anniversary box set, signed by Steve Dash with Ms. Voorhees. I'm going to wait a few years and see what happens.... if we don't eventually get an ultimate Pamela, I will find one of the old statue figs somewhere and use an Ultimate Sarah Connor figure to customize one....

Back