Star Wars Defining Moments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star-Crunch

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know, I know, I know. ANOTHER Star Wars thread.
It’s just every time I think of TLJ, there isn’t anything that really sticks out to me as a defining moment or scene like all the others have. It just feels like a series of things that are happening:dunno
So, in your opinion, what are the defining moments/scenes/elements of each movie?
Btw, lets try to keep this positive:wink1:

Ok I’ll play....

ANH : Trench Run
ESB Bespin Vader vs Luke
ROTJ: Vader turns, and saves his son

TPM: Maul Versus Obi
AOTC: Anakin Vs Tusken Raiders
ROTS: Anakin Vs Obi

TFA: Lightsaber Flys to Rey, Rey Vs Kylo
TLJ: Luke gets blasted, Luke Versus Kylo,

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Hmm... for me:

ANH: Luke and the binary sunset
Han’s intro
Han shoots first
Luke and Leia swinging across the chasm
Obi Wan’s death
Trench run

ESB: Asteroid chase
Hoth battle
Yoda’s intro
Luke in the cave
Space slug!
Luke vs Vader

ROTJ: Luke catching his lightsaber on the skiff
The Emperor’s arrival
Speeder bike chase
Vader saving Luke

TPM: Maul’s reveal on Naboo
AOTC: umm
ROTS: The opening low orbit battle

TFA: Finn teaming up with Poe in the TIE Fighter
The Resistance fighters over the lake and ensuing battle
Rey summoning the lightsaber

TLJ: Rey/Kylo throne room battle
Luke showing Rey “The Force” on the rock ledge
Luke and Leia on Crait
Yoda visits Luke
Luke vs. Kylo
Luke and the binary sunset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Everyone so far plumping for Vader turning back in Jedi (Which is pretty iconic) but for me it's the minute or so after "If you will not turn, perhaps SHE will" and Luke's "NOOO!" The combination of the panning shot of the duel and the Williams score gets me every time. For me it's a toss up between that and Binary Sunset for the defining moments of all eight for me.

I'll try really hard to remember the first times I saw them...what made the biggest impression on me as 5 year old...

ANH: I can't remember. It's almost like ANH was always there....I don't remember my first viewing.

ESB: back of Vader's head....Han Solo frozen into a giant block of metal......Luke got his damn hand cut off....that weird little green guy IS Yoda.....(I already knew the Luke's father twist)

ROTJ: Death Star II and Imperial shuttle are awesome......Luke is gonna get eaten by that monster....Ewoks are amazing

TPM: Man, Jar Jar really sucks. This Pod Race is long and boring as hell. Darth Maul fight is cool.

AOTC: This is a garbage movie. Hey, Yoda has a lightsaber.

ROTS: This is a lot of CGI.

TFA: Finn and Poe are fun, I like this. Oh this is boring now. What time is it? Is it over yet? Check my watch again. Jeez, it's still going? Yeah, they actually killed Han Solo. God I'm bored. Holy crap, Luke!! Oh. Credits.

RO: Fell asleep. CGI Tarkin. Fell asleep. Vader murdering people.

TLJ: This.........is a joke right? Tittie walrus.

Solo: did not see.

ANH - Had me at the opening scene with the ships coming into view.

ESB - The Luke Vader fight then the 'I am your father' line, which blew me away.

ROTJ - As above the 'ohh Sister' line and Luke taking Vader out.

The PT - Mostly the saber battles and the younglings . (worst was metaclorines or whatever, nonsense and unnecessary and 'the high ground') .

TFA - Kylos entrance and then the voice which was perfect and when he stooped the blaster in mid air I thought 'got a winner here' went kind of down hill after.

TLJ - When I saw THE END come on the screen.

sigpic775_13.gif

The best scene in the entire Star Wars saga is Vader's wrath at the end of Rogue One. And I want you all to know that I'd take the Battle of Scarif over the Battle of Endor every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Hmm. An autistic asexual. Sounds like a fun guy to hang out with at a bar on Friday night.

i leik the one stah wahs moobie when the lazer swords go bzzzzz bzzzz and the blasters went blam blam.

EA73373E-6863-4B4C-9077-D3BF0834C43F.jpeg

Maybe not the best scene but yes, the best Vader scene. And it's in an anthology film, not a major episode. And the result of studio interference.

lKPaHzp.jpg

Vader's epic scene at the end of Rogue One is the result of the cinematographer's "interference" not the studios! Please do your homework boy.

Back