Statue Weta New Ringwraith on Steed statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
Awesome statue

Attachments

• weta1s.jpg
    weta1s.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 579
  • weta2s.jpg
    weta2s.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 536
  • weta11ss.jpg
    weta11ss.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 533
  • weta11s.jpg
    weta11s.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 400
  • wetarw.jpg
    wetarw.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 372
  • wetas.jpg
    wetas.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Re: Weta New Ringwraith on Steed statue ???

I finished my last payment on Arwen yesterday. Sounds about right that they’d be releasing something else to take away my money. :lol

Dammit...just when I think I've ordered my last LOTR statue.....they had to come out with this beautiful bastard. Always had a tinge of regret for not previously picking up the first Ringwraith on Steed or Sideshow's 1/4 scale PF one. I think I can safely retire my animaquette version now....lol.

ringwraith.jpg

The original is better because the pose is better, more iconic. I'm sure the new one will have fantastic details but I like the eerie and imposing feel of the original

"Better" is only a matter of opinion in any direction and I think the only reason it could be considered iconic is because it's been around for a while. I do like the original and had the DROM pf. I'm just glad I stayed around long enough for this to come out and able to use up a good amount of Weta $'s on it.

From this point on I'll probably stick to minis and environments from Weta, unless there's something that's to good to pass on.

Well the Witch King vs Frodo at Weathertop statue is surely coming this year, so that's definitely a highlight for me. From Weta, obviously. Not the Iron Studios one.

The original is better because the pose is better, more iconic. I'm sure the new one will have fantastic details but I like the eerie and imposing feel of the original

Agreed, original is much better.

Not a fan of the water effect at all, not to mention that it looks like a potential damage nightmare. Other than that, the amount of detail looks great but I much prefer the museum pose of the original RWOS.

I still hope either Weta or Iron Studios makes a mini RWOS similar to the original SSW one.

Last edited:
I do like this, but I prefer the old one.

It’s a shame that recasts of that one became so prevalent, at this point I don’t really trust buying one online because of that. I know a little bit about how to tell real from recast but it’s often hard to be sure with photos.

I do like this, but I prefer the old one.

It’s a shame that recasts of that one became so prevalent, at this point I don’t really trust buying one online because of that. I know a little bit about how to tell real from recast but it’s often hard to be sure with photos.

I know right. Styrofoam and original weta flyers are a must. Fakes have white breakable styrofoam and statue looks more greenish.

Back