US Post Office and US Customs Delays

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyc1962

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone that buys Figures from Hong Kong sellers notice that the delivery times are getting longer?

I sometimes buy Hot Toys figures from Timcent on Ebay and have the packages shipped EMS (Express Mail)to New York City.

The last two figures I purchased in November this year were stuck in Customs for over a week, where before they would get processed in 1-2 days

And then its’s taking an extra 2-3 days to get the package delivered from the Post office

The overall delivery times used to be about 4-5 days, now its stretching to 10-12 days.

I’m guessing there’s been budget and personnel cutbacks in both services which is slowing the delivery times down

Probably because it is Xmas time? Lot's of packages to process
Does anyone that buys Figures from Hong Kong sellers notice that the delivery times are getting longer?

I sometimes buy Hot Toys figures from Timcent on Ebay and have the packages shipped EMS (Express Mail)to New York City.

The last two figures I purchased in November this year were stuck in Customs for over a week, where before they would get processed in 1-2 days

And then its’s taking an extra 2-3 days to get the package delivered from the Post office

The overall delivery times used to be about 4-5 days, now its stretching to 10-12 days.

I’m guessing there’s been budget and personnel cutbacks in both services which is slowing the delivery times down

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

Have you looked at a calendar?
It’s the busiest time of the year for all delivery services.
Sideshow seems to be using the “delays at the docks” excuse as well.

Yup, holidays. I have a few packages myself both as a seller and a buyer that are about a week late via priority shipping here in the US.

I spoke with my mail carries whom I’m friendly with and she said they are swamped. Way too much for them to handle and no extra help. It’s a total mess right now. Expect delays to get longer into the month now.

it's literally only b/c of the holidays. I always refrain from buying overseas at this time due to experiences were I didn't get packages until almost February after ordering fairly early on in November. I't just the nature of the beast. Even my domestic stuff is coming in a day or 2 after the original scheduled delivery date. Nothing to get scared about. You just need to be aware that ordering anything online from November to the end of the year will take longer than it typically does to get to you.

Back