Customizing a Hobbit.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asgardianboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi dudez.
Some time ago I grab a Hobbit body+neck from Asmus. I will use one of the old Pipp/Merry heads on it.
Wondering just what clothes I could use to clothe it. I have seen size comparisons Asmus vs SSC and SSC is way bigger, so I guess SSC clothes are not an option.

Going back in time, there is DiD. It is very difficult to find pics and info about those DiD LOTR figs.
Just how much bigger/smaller are the DiD hobbits compared to Asmus'? Can I use DiD Hobbit clothes on my Asmus body?

Even further back in time, there was Toy Biz. It is also extremely difficult to find reference data or reviews of those ones. I have a TB Bilbo coming up along with the Asmus Body, so I'll know for sure eventually, but can anybody already tell me what I should expect? I have seen one pic which is very well-known on the net, where a Toybiz Gimli is put next to a DiD one, and the former is much smaller than the latter. Should I expect the same for the Hobbits?

If the Toy Biz or DiD clothes sets were OK size-wise, just how good quality are they?

Thanks eveyb@dy!!
Regards,
m.

I have all the stuff you mentioned. DID is way big - bigger than the sideshow stuff. Toybiz stuff would fit on Sideshow Hobbit bodies, but I don't think any of it will fit on Asmus'. Full disclosure - I don't have any of the Asmus Hobbits yet, Bilbo will be my first. But its clear from pics that they're much smaller than Sideshow.

In all honesty, I'm not sure what is small enough to work with Asmus hobbits. Maybe Mego 8" stuff?

Oh thanks a lot for your help buddy.
I have seen pics of Asmus vs Sideshow. You are right about those.
If you own both DiD and SSC hobbits, would you mind taking and posting a DiD vs SSC comparison pic? Just so that I get the picture.
Thanks,
m.

I have all the stuff you mentioned. DID is way big - bigger than the sideshow stuff. Toybiz stuff would fit on Sideshow Hobbit bodies, but I don't think any of it will fit on Asmus'. Full disclosure - I don't have any of the Asmus Hobbits yet, Bilbo will be my first. But its clear from pics that they're much smaller than Sideshow.

In all honesty, I'm not sure what is small enough to work with Asmus hobbits. Maybe Mego 8" stuff?

Back