Best Heath Ledger Joker Head?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trooper_Nerd

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm new to collecting 1/6 scale figures, and I was hoping for a bit of advice with getting the best Heath Ledger Joker. I've got a Fire toys Joker which seems pretty decent, but I know there are better heads out there. There seem to be loads of custom heads but I'm trying to find out which ones are the best regarded.

What would be a wish list of the best (regardless of money) to start looking at?

Money is a consideration but I didn't want to skew the results of your opinions at this point.

Many thanks,

Paul

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I would murder for an Adam Gu sculpt! But yeah, one of those would be WAY out of most people's price range.
Creg sculpts are lovely. the last 2 are particularly great. They paint up really nice.

Other than that, almost any Ledger sculpt out there can be modded into a great Joker. They all have their pluses and minuses.
It all depends on what scene look you are going for, and how much work you are willing to put into it :)

I would murder for an Adam Gu sculpt! But yeah, one of those would be WAY out of most people's price range.
Creg sculpts are lovely. the last 2 are particularly great. They paint up really nice.

Other than that, almost any Ledger sculpt out there can be modded into a great Joker. They all have their pluses and minuses.
It all depends on what scene look you are going for, and how much work you are willing to put into it :)
Thankyou @shanlan for your reply. I've seen the recent Creg and it looks like it's made for hair rooting. So is my only diy hair rooting option to glue small clumps of hair to the sculpt? Has anyone tried scalping a Barbie, would that even work? :/

get the original HT joker head. nothing more accurate than that

You mean the first one that they released...? That thing was awful looked nothing like him...Bankrobber 1.0 was an improvement but DX11 either sculpt is the way to go...DX01 is great too!

You mean the first one that they released...? That thing was awful looked nothing like him...Bankrobber 1.0 was an improvement but DX11 either sculpt is the way to go...DX01 is great too!

Someone’s sarcasm detector needs fixing.

My post was meant to be as pointless as this thread.

Someone’s sarcasm detector needs fixing.

you got it, Tim :duff: :lol

Creg did a recent one with hair if you're looking for sculpted hair and not for rooting.

Creg's heads are probably the most readily available best on the market. As many have mentioned Adam Gu has the best sculpts. He doesn't offer them and because he hasn't been topped in the millions and millions of attempts at Heath Ledger Jokers he's just fine selling those to whatever guy offers him 5-10 grand for a sculpt. Think I'm exaggerating? I'm not!

You will do just fine with a Creg head. find him on Facebook. its about 75 for a cast.

Night and Owen Studio (Instagram) Jacob R, Shane Poole... those guys do the best painting and hairing. Be prepared to pay about 800 for that. Don't try and do it yourself unless you've got skill. I do it, I'm good at it but it takes forever so I'd never do it as a commission, just for myself It's also who those talented artists charge so much... it's hard for the novice. Scalping barbies won't work, you need to get Tibetan yak hair. The hair does dye though (green or any other color). Most of us apply little by little with glue.

If you just want a decent paint job on a sculpted hair sculpt it will set you back 150-250.

Creg did a recent one with hair if you're looking for sculpted hair and not for rooting.

Creg's heads are probably the most readily available best on the market. As many have mentioned Adam Gu has the best sculpts. He doesn't offer them and because he hasn't been topped in the millions and millions of attempts at Heath Ledger Jokers he's just fine selling those to whatever guy offers him 5-10 grand for a sculpt. Think I'm exaggerating? I'm not!

You will do just fine with a Creg head. find him on Facebook. its about 75 for a cast.

Night and Owen Studio (Instagram) Jacob R, Shane Poole... those guys do the best painting and hairing. Be prepared to pay about 800 for that. Don't try and do it yourself unless you've got skill. I do it, I'm good at it but it takes forever so I'd never do it as a commission, just for myself It's also who those talented artists charge so much... it's hard for the novice. Scalping barbies won't work, you need to get Tibetan yak hair. The hair does dye though (green or any other color). Most of us apply little by little with glue.

If you just want a decent paint job on a sculpted hair sculpt it will set you back 150-250.
Thanks very much for the detailed answer, it's very helpful. I appreciate that.

Thanks for the answer @jal76

My post was meant to be as pointless as this thread.

you got it, Tim :duff: :lol

Its always refreshing to see the senior members of a forum make fun of a newer member for asking a question....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

This is a bit off topic (I guess it could help the OP though) but do you know any painters in that range that are taking commission? I’m thinking about getting a (non-Joker) sculpt to be painted but I have no idea where to get a really good quality painter, even if it sets me back $200-250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its always refreshing to see the senior members of a forum make fun of a newer member for asking a question....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
Yep, very admirable qualities.
This is a bit off topic (I guess it could help the OP though) but do you know any painters in that range that are taking commission? I’m thinking about getting a sculpt to be painted but I have no idea where to get a really good quality painter, even if it sets me back $200-250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had a sculpt painted by both Paul Prentice and Jake Rahmier. The latter has a waiting time of like a year though, but his quality is exquisite. I know Dario Barbera also has experience painting and hairing Jokers. I guess I'm not too helpful as I don't know if any are accepting commissions, just bringing up a few names.

Raymond, are you serious about Tibetan yak hair?

Back