Sentinel Riobot Iron Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InebriatedGnome

Super Freak
Reaction score
Very surprised there's not a thread on this guy already. It's been on preorder for about a year and just released; I preordered through BBTS and they still had it in stock last I checked. The usual Japanese import shops should as well, but they're actually more expensive this time around--BBTS comes to $109.

aa394199-8360-4821-bed8-a06a9333d3b8.jpg
irongiant_riobot2.jpg
DmuGao0U0AAJLiu.jpg

If you're at all interested in the character I'd recommend looking at some video reviews to see if it's for you. It comes in at 6.3" tall, the chest is a big old chunk of metal which makes it a little top-heavy but lends a very satisfying weight to it, and there's a good amount of metal elsewhere on the figure too. Joints are pretty tight out of the box but still quite easy to manipulate. Minimal gimmicks keep it looking clean but it has a cleverly-hidden extended elbow hinge and fancy Sentinel collapsible panels on the upper calves. Good ankle tilt, genuinely excellent forward and backward ankle motion, and great stability even though it's a top-heavy toy.

It may not have jointed fingers or a light gimmick, but to me this is a far, far superior toy to the Mondo version. It feels wonderful in-hand and if there's a pose you enjoyed from the movie, it can pull it off easily and stably. I love this toy, and hopefully this post points more people in its direction.

I'm waiting for the Defense Mode version.[emoji106]
369cd62543a4c046b3d6008bcbb38ec1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looks great, but too small. Would get it if it was at least 10-12 inches.
( Yes, yes, I know - " That's what she said..." )

I pre-ordered this figure on BBTS, but it's still not in stock. I know that others go their stock months ago, and I'm getting a bit worried.

Anyone else in the same boat? Has anyone heard anything?

I pre-ordered this figure on BBTS, but it's still not in stock. I know that others go their stock months ago, and I'm getting a bit worried.

Anyone else in the same boat? Has anyone heard anything?

You should definitely email them, I thought this was totally sold out everywhere.

Back