What's your favorite Darth Vader?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookeylama

Super Freak
Reaction score
been outta collecting for years, and still have the ole Sideshow Vader from like 2006. it's helmet was meh, and was way too tall. but i had helmet mods done and that looks much better. body was modded too so that helped the height.

anyway, thinking of upgrading so what's your fave Vader nowadays? i was hoping for cool cathode ray sabers like was out 12 years ago lol, but looks like the best is "light in the hilt so the blade only gets light at the base" thing.
what's the best out now, SS or HT, or even an upcoming figure ect. thanks

I like the Darth Vader in Star Wars.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

For 1/6 scale most would probably say Hot Toys ESB or Hot Toys Rogue One, depending on your preferences and which innacuracies bother you less. But the two Hot Toys ANH figures have their fans too.

At any rate, pretty much any HT Vader is better than anything Sideshow has produced. I recently upgraded from the original SS ANH Vader to the latest Hot Toys ESB Vader and couldn't be happier. It's a drastic improvement.

Just keep in mind all 1/6 Vaders have some flaws or inaccuracies. Just do your research by reading the threads so you're educated and can choose which one you prefer.

1/4 scale would be the Iron Studios Vader - epic in every way.

star-wars-darth-vader-statue-iron-studios-902944-01.jpg

Edit - just realized this was in the figures forum. Got confused when I read the '06 SS Vader. Either way, HT for 1/6, IS for 1/4 Vader - you can't lose.

Last edited:
1/4 scale would be the Iron Studios Vader - epic in every way.

View attachment 432946

Edit - just realized this was in the figures forum. Got confused when I read the '06 SS Vader. Either way, HT for 1/6, IS for 1/4 Vader - you can't lose.

Agreed on 1/4 scale, Iron Studios Vader is king. For 1/6 go with Hot Toys Vaders instead of Sideshow versions.

Back