For those who sometimes sell and trade (US) how do you ship your figures and stat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: For those who sometimes sell and trade (US) how do you ship your figures and stat

I’ve sold many HT figures, brown shippers double boxed, shipped via UPS and have never paid more than $20 to ship anywhere in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: For those who sometimes sell and trade (US) how do you ship your figures and stat

No special skill on my part. I just went to UPS.com and entered an average brown shippers dimensions and weight. And you’ll see while some of the costs are way high the ups ground cost is under $20.
74ea3868254445be75ec3136c29e4055.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ship only through USPS just because it's easier for me. I write out the shipping labels and bring it to the post office and have sold many HT figures and the cost domestically has been 10-15 bucks. There's no way Hulk should cost that much.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, seemed like highway robbery! So you don't get shipping labels from USPS.com? I typically do, but clearly they must actually charge more there. What rate do you use, or do you use one of their flat rate boxes? (Problem with those is that the Hulk box is pretty good sized).

Nope, I never print out the labels, I always hand write mine. Typically I go with priority that has tracking and some insurance. The closer the shipped location is to you, the cheaper it is, and weight and size is a factor, but I definitely haven't paid more than like 15. 10-11 is usually average.

As others have said, the shipping shouldn't be anywhere near $100. Make sure that when you calculate shipping on the USPS site, that you're seeing all the options when it shows the final pricing…I seem to remember the site showing the more expensive options, and you had to click a link to see them all. Also, sometimes Fedex can be cheaper than USPS, especially if you use SmartPost, which gets dropped off at FedEx but but is delivered to the address by USPS.

Ive shipped different things, Hot Toys/Sideshows, helmets, cosplay armor, it all depends on weight and size. Standard figures are around $20, once you go oversized or certain dimensions and weight, you are going to be paying a lot more. I've had to ship armor in 3 smaller boxes because 2 larger boxes were going to cost almost double.

Definitely depends on size and weight. I have also run into the problem of high shipping prices when I sell on eBay. I used to only do UPS but I kept finding their prices ridiculous, anywhere from $23 to $30-$40 for a standard figure in a larger outer box depending on destination. I found UPS Ground and USPS Priority to be fairly similar in their pricing. Ebay makes it really easy to print the label through their system, so I switched to giving the bidder an option between USPS “parcel select” which is cheaper but takes longer or priority which is 1-3 days. That way they’re not completely turned off my auction by the high shipping.

It’s too bad because I would prefer to pack the figures in a larger box just to give it extra cushion and protection, but that ends up being astronomical in price, so I compromise with thesis of the outer box. Otherwise no one would ever bid on my auctions.

If you do decide to ship USPS; go to www.paypal.com/shipnow and you can buy discounted postage there. Bringing something to the post office and paying the retail almost always costs a few bucks more.

If I'm selling on eBay, it's been cheaper for me to use 2-3 day FedEX with insurance than UPS or USPS. But I used to use USPS exclusively for shipping purposes. If I'm shipping on my own, then usually USPS b/c it's easier for me. UPS is always the most expensive option for me for whatever reason.

Back