Action Figure NECA Friday the 13th Remake Jason Voorhees

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriendlyPiranha

Super Freak
Reaction score
NECA-Ultimate-2009-Jason-Voorhees-001.jpg

NECA-Ultimate-2009-Jason-Voorhees-003.jpg

NECA-Ultimate-2009-Jason-Voorhees-004.jpg

I figured they would do this since next year is the 10th anniversary of the reboot (which I didn't completely hate tbh).

Not a big fan of this Jason's design but I will likely pick this up as I missed the original release.

My second favorite film in the franchise honestly. Im in for this no doubt

I had a feeling this would be the next ultimate Jason. Never watched the remake, not sure I'd like it either, but I do like this design for Jason. Looks like a solid figure, I might pick him up depending on how he looks in hand.

I have both remake figures, Jason and Freddy and they are excellent. The only thing I didn't like is the way they attached the hair to the mask strap. They fixed this issue and made it blond. I don't remember how was it in the movie but I guess it's accurate. Ultimate NOES Remake will probably follow shortly after and move even further back the release date for Part 7, which requires complete retooling. I'll buy it and keep the better one.

Meh.... I pre-ordered but I want part 5, 7, 8, JGTH and X more. This was probably lowest on my want list but it certainly is not my least favorite film of the series. I just don't really care for the design.

Meh.... I pre-ordered but I want part 5, 7, 8, JGTH and X more. This was probably lowest on my want list but it certainly is not my least favorite film of the series. I just don't really care for the design.

I'm with you on Jason 7. Man I really want that one.

I liked the remake a lot more than I thought I would.

I didn't notice that Jason was blonde, though. Huh.

Toy-Fair-2019-NECA-Horror-013 (2).jpg

The box and the mask look really nice. The sack head looks too clean I think. And those accessories... kinda lame for an ultimate.

Yeah, he does seem lacking in the accessory department for an ultimate. I'm looking forward to seeing this one in stores. The remake movie doesn't sound that appealing to me, but I love the design.

Ultimate Remake Jason by scarrviper, on Flickr

Found him at Target today, I was starting to think he was never going to show up. Not really a fan of the movie, but I do like this design so I thought I'd add him to my collection.

I will say that the quality feels solid, I had no stuck joints and no one leg longer than the other syndrome. The paint varies a lot on these, as does the molding of the mask. Watch out for really obvious molding seam lines on the mask, sloppy jacket zippers, or crooked mask straps.
I do plan to do a few alterations. I'll be repainting the hockey mask, and re-shading/weathering his skin. Also going to repaint the machete blade. The way the hair is attached to the back of his head is really bad as others have pointed out in reviews. I might try to re hair it somehow.

Ultimate Remake Jason by scarrviper, on Flickr

Found him at Target today, I was starting to think he was never going to show up. Not really a fan of the movie, but I do like this design so I thought I'd add him to my collection.

I will say that the quality feels solid, I had no stuck joints and no one leg longer than the other syndrome. The paint varies a lot on these, as does the molding of the mask. Watch out for really obvious molding seam lines on the mask, sloppy jacket zippers, or crooked mask straps.
I do plan to do a few alterations. I'll be repainting the hockey mask, and re-shading/weathering his skin. Also going to repaint the machete blade. The way the hair is attached to the back of his head is really bad as others have pointed out in reviews. I might try to re hair it somehow.

If you're just going to re-use and re-align the hair to the molded hair on the head, you could pretty easily heat the hair and peel it off.... the only problem I have with the figure is that the hair on mine isn't aligned with the hair on the head and further, the molded portion of the hair is different enough a color to notice..

I actually did remove the hair yesterday after heating the head with a hairdryer. Also took the straps off the mask, which was surprisingly more difficult. I will be repainting his head and the mask for sure. The stock mask has a cool paintjob, but the color is just not accurate to me. The face on mine unfortunately has some paint issues that could not be seen with the mask on in the packaging. His teeth/mouth are sloppy and for some reason mine has this dirty wash on the head that is not on samples I've seen reviewed on youtube. It makes his head not match his neck. I'm not sure when I'll have him fixed up since I have so many other projects going on right now.

I actually did remove the hair yesterday after heating the head with a hairdryer. Also took the straps off the mask, which was surprisingly more difficult. I will be repainting his head and the mask for sure. The stock mask has a cool paintjob, but the color is just not accurate to me. The face on mine unfortunately has some paint issues that could not be seen with the mask on in the packaging. His teeth/mouth are sloppy and for some reason mine has this dirty wash on the head that is not on samples I've seen reviewed on youtube. It makes his head not match his neck. I'm not sure when I'll have him fixed up since I have so many other projects going on right now.

Please post some pictures when you get done!

I certainly will.

Yesterday stripped the paint from the mask and discovered that it was made in black plastic with almost four layers of different paint on it. Not sure why they used the colors they did. Right now I'm sanding out the seam lines. The mask is actually a really good sculpt, but the paint and those molding lines really distorted it. Not to mention the paint was really clogging up some of the holes.

Excellent! I am getting ready to work on mine. I have to get some more paint in to do the painting (I live in a rural area where there simply is nowhere to get quality paints.) I'm going to wait until after I go on vacation though because I get very particular about getting it started and finishing it ASAP. So I'm thinking about fixing the hair and doing some paint work to him and the loose part 3 I have because I hate the blood paint on the neck. I've never been a fan of "battle damage" but I don't mind if I have multiples on which I can leave one stock and fix the other.

After finally receiving mine, I can confirm there are significant differences among those figures. I had ten of them to choose from and only two had the right mask, without those nasty seam lines. Luckily the one I picked came with enough weathering on boots to make them look old and worn out. Also the wash applied on the jacket and lower part of the paints differs from on figure to another. I got one with more reddish-brown dirt on it. I could say I'm pleased with mine but I can't imagine buying it online. Most of them had bad paint-job and some were horrible. Same thing happened with 2019 Godzilla.

Back