Infinity Studio: Predators - Berserker 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's start doing individual threads for these pieces.

attachment.php

GgCRnQO.jpg

XLtTbda.jpg

QDtQaI7.jpg

dR0j1fk.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some behind the scenes stuff. I can't help but think that many of the other concept poses are infinitely better than what they went with.

HEKjwCN.jpg

40RwTyH.jpg

Here's some behind the scenes stuff. I can't help but think that many of the other concept poses are infinitely better than what they went with.

Have to disagree.
Those concepts with a facing straight upwards/downwards pose, are very BAD for a statue.
Holding a head pose is VERY Cliché also. And there is another one which is basically their city hunter pose.
They did choose the best one out of those concepts.

The pose still works as being dynamic if it's more upright and the decap pred is removed entirely.
Conversely it would also be better to have the beserker in back swing not following thru.
I hate the design of the unmasked head on the beserker, it's just awful, bad fan art that somehow got into a movie

Looking at thoes concept alternative designs really saddens me. Out of the designs the one that was chosen is the worst. The painting and detail are excellent but the pose is a desire killer. I can suspend disbelief theres a Predator waist deep in water but the defying gravity is too much for my suspension to take. The concept for the masked Berserker holding the classics head, or the Aliens head ( which is a nice alternate, given in " lore " Berserker was apparently the youngest Predator to ever slay a Xeno it would of been cool ). Id of paid big money for the unused concept versions. Berserker is my favourite design when he is in the right pose. I really wish we would get a statue in a pose where it doesnt look like he is on the verge of face planting. This is the second one now.

Last edited:
Can't believe someone really wants these poses...
First one is hiding all the chest armour and facing straight down? The second one is basically a superman taking off pose, all you like to see is the bottom of chin?
a.jpg

And their city hunter is already using one of these. People still need illustration to understand things...
b.jpg

Description from Infinity

Brutal, cold-blooded, the hunter at the top of the universe, that's the charm of berserker predator. It's an honor and a thrill to make this iconic screen image turned into a statue. Let the hunt begin!

Limited:500
Materials:polystone
Size:H(72cm)x W(58cm)x L(72cm)
Item codes:pR001
Retail Price: 1,699 USD

Can't believe someone really wants these poses...

You've cherry picked the worst examples there, I'm not sure anybody is asking for those. But what we ended up with is an awkward looking, leaning pose with an entire top half of another character that doesn't really add much over all imo. Therefor some of the others shown would have been much nicer. Also bare in mind that they are all early concepts and would have no doubt been tweaked and improved. If they had made the upright concept with his mask on (and maybe made the P1's head a switch out with an empty hand option) I likely couldn't have resisted buying it. What we ended up with however is a very easy pass for me, despite clearly being a beautiful sculpt with good paint apps.

Weird really, the only other Berserker statue we had was the Sideshow maquette. I like it, but the majority of people disliked the leaning pose on it. Strange that Infinity decided to do the same kind of thing..

Clearly the actual sculpt on Infinity's is night and day to this mind.

d4xThXu.jpg

U6a9iYz.jpg

Here's a video of the Infinity Berserker that I took at Wonderfest. I loved both their predators, but this one was my favourite of the two. It was awesome in person.

Looks great, however, after all these years and given the price, does anyone still cares...?

Looks great, however, after all these years and given the price, does anyone still cares...?

I think this dio was already too much from the start. Personally Beserker isn't even in my top 5 preds, but if I were to get something, I would have much preferred something a little more simpler. Along the lines of Narin's.

I think this dio was already too much from the start. Personally Beserker isn't even in my top 5 preds, but if I were to get something, I would have much preferred something a little more simpler. Along the lines of Narin's.

I agree.

And that angle of attack just doesn't work - he'd have sliced through the canon and everything the way that swing goes.

A really nice idea but doesn't quite cut it (geez - bad pun!)

I'd still like a really nice Berserker statue for sure. But this isn't it for me, the sculpt is really good, it was just held back by the initial design phase which was over complicated and awkward imo. Maybe Prime 1 will give us a more simple statue of him with a more natural pose. Their P2 is much better...

Back