Statue Dr. Doom 1/4 Scale Custom?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacticnf

Super Freak
Reaction score
I saw this floating around on ebay but not sure if this is actually based off of an actual statue (ie. recast) or it's legit a custom Dr. Doom statue.

Anybody know?

DD1.jpg
DD2.jpg
DD3.jpg
DD4.jpg
DD5.jpg

that is a custom...which I understand has also been recasted, likely by a worker in the factory. There are also recasts of the original licensed version from SS.

no box and styro is usually (but not always) a sign of a fake. I hear they are faking the boxes and styro now too, so buyer beware.

Not bad ...but I would really love a 1/4 scale Dr. Doom statue in a standing pose.

This was made by Royal Custom Brotherhood. But the ones on eBay are recasts of the custom.

As everyone said, it is a fan art piece, but IMO it quite literally blows away the SS throne PF in every way possible.

Agreed, with all the hype surrounding the SSC version I'm surprised there was no previous mention of the RCB version. The throne looks massive!

It's because talking about customs was/is frowned upon in this forum. I think they deleted the customs section a few months back.

It's because talking about customs was/is frowned upon in this forum. I think they deleted the customs section a few months back.

Really? I know about recasts and the issues behind those, that's obvious. But what's the stigma behind custom statues? I don't exactly blame people doing customs especially when the bigger companies (ie. SSC) keep pumping out the same characters in the same poses etc.

Really? I know about recasts and the issues behind those, that's obvious. But what's the stigma behind custom statues? I don't exactly blame people doing customs especially when the bigger companies (ie. SSC) keep pumping out the same characters in the same poses etc.

Users tend to like customs. But this website WAS a Sideshow affiliate. It is no longer. Note the name change from Sideshow Freaks to Collector Freaks. Sideshow put the hammer down on places that discussed customs including this one. Which is also why suddenly most people started calling things "Fan Art" as if that was some sort of legal loophole lol.

Users tend to like customs. But this website WAS a Sideshow affiliate. It is no longer. Note the name change from Sideshow Freaks to Collector Freaks. Sideshow put the hammer down on places that discussed customs including this one. Which is also why suddenly most people started calling things "Fan Art" as if that was some sort of legal loophole lol.

Ahhhh interesting, makes sense, and definitely sounds like something SSC would do given their image as a company from my perspective lol.

What’s really ironic is this custom piece was sculpted by Caleb Nefzen. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sideshow offered him a job like how they did with Daniel Bel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, with all the hype surrounding the SSC version I'm surprised there was no previous mention of the RCB version. The throne looks massive!

HeHe ...only thing I was thinking during the unboxing was "would you like a Dr. Doom to go with your Throne?".

Most of the video was showing/building the throne. That throne is even bigger than the throne Thanos is sitting on.

It looks like his face has fresh flesh wounds with the blood red paint that was used. Those wounds would have scarred over neons ago. I see that ocassionally when artists go the dramatic route and make what should be old scars as new flesh wounds. Still a cool custom but over-the-top throne.

Back