Conan!!! MR.TOYS MT2018-02 1/6 Scale Ancient Warrior Head sculpt + Costume Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Conan looks pretty amazing, I'm digging He-Man, although I think what is a big miss was the hair. Should be more blonde and shorter, I don't remember him having a bad wig.

Conan looks pretty amazing, I'm digging He-Man, although I think what is a big miss was the hair. Should be more blonde and shorter, I don't remember him having a bad wig.

Yeah might need to get some Nice n Easy for the hair. Pretty sure Arnie didn't have dark brown hair in Conan. Looks more light auburn to me.

The Ancient Warrior set is missing an axe, but it has the head I wanted for 4,5 years at an affordable price.
I don't remember the exact color of Schwarz's hair (haven't seen the movie for many years) but it's what I want,
a hot toys t2 knockoff head with rooted hair.
For all of us who purchased xxl sets from kp, after all the mishaps getting a decent new hs, didn't go the custom route
purchasing an original hot toys t2 hs and sending it to get rooted hair,
it's I think what we wanted from back then and at a very affordable price.
Especially for me who I didn't buy the expansion set, its a steal.

The Ancient Warrior set is missing an axe, but it has the head I wanted for 4,5 years at an affordable price.
I don't remember the exact color of Schwarz's hair (haven't seen the movie for many years) but it's what I want,
a hot toys t2 knockoff head with rooted hair.
For all of us who purchased xxl sets from kp, after all the mishaps getting a decent new hs, didn't go the custom route
purchasing an original hot toys t2 hs and sending it to get rooted hair,
it's I think what we wanted from back then and at a very affordable price.
Especially for me who I didn't buy the expansion set, its a steal.

Is that what the head is?
Is it the TechNoir head?

Thanks for posting Pictures Pizza. Overall looks like a great set. I might have to get this one as well as the Kaustic Conan set I have coming.

5/10 for headsculpt likeness

Look like Arnie's grumpy fat cousin. I think I will wait for a more superior option. Thanks for posting and being helpful to other collectors

Thanks Pizza. That headsculpt is a big improvement over the old one. I think the upcoming sculpt from Kaustic is a better likeness, but it has sculpted hair. I think I prefer this one with the 'close enough' likeness and rooted hair!

thanks to all on this thread. picked up the Mr toy kit on eBay $80 and the m35 from bbts $80. extremely happy with figure, best Conan thus far.

This set is a no-brainer.
KP have made Conan many times in the past with nice accessories, but their hs were from **** to mediocre.
Now they made a good Conan but its costs way more and their hs doesn't have rooted hair,
people instead of boycotting their products are paying even more money to mod the hs with rooted hair.
It's obviously their choice, but personally I will not support a company who has made the same figure two/three times,
every time doing some small alterations to drain my wallet.

I received this set a few days ago. It's not bad for the price, but there are some things I plan to mod and improve- except for the sword, which I can't fix unfortunately. The shape of the sword is just wrong, and it's too long, and it lacks the brass-color of the hilt and pommel. I pre-ordered the Chronicle Conan; its sword looks much more accurate. Here's a comparison of all available swords, and the movie sword at the left. s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
So one of his gauntlets is supposed to be black? I thought they were both leather?

Any tips for getting his boots on?

Any mods for improving the scabbard and making it more accurate?

So one of his gauntlets is supposed to be black? I thought they were both leather?

Any tips for getting his boots on?

Any mods for improving the scabbard and making it more accurate?
I haven't purchased the muscle body yet, so I have no suggestions about putting on the boots.
However, keep in mind this costume version is really from 'Conan The Destroyer'.
Conan wore the same studded headband in both films at different times, but the Mr. Toys scabbard and
the left (black) wristband are specific to 'Destroyer'.

Here are some reference photos to help you improve the scabbard. Also, The right studded wristband
(from both films) should be fixed too. It's supposed to have many brass 'nubs' on light deer-skin colored leather.
I went to eBay and bought one hundred 2x2mm cone-shaped brass studs, intended for fingernail art.
I'm going to grind them down on the underside, which will reduce their base diameter and height at the same time.
Then I'll take the round brass dots off the right wristband and replace them with MANY MORE of the new ones.

arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-destroyer-1984-directed-by-richard-F4PW6D.jpgarticle-2056234-0EA05C9A00000578-277_306x668.jpgarnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-destroyer-1984-DT71AW.jpgconan_the_destroyer_arnold_schwarzenegger_grace_jones.jpgMV5BNjE1NTM1MzY0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTk2NjEzNA@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a costume reproduction of the scabbard that's extremely close to accurate.
If you look carefully at the fourth photo down in my post above, you'll see top of the scabbard in the movie.
Notice it has three bands of braided leather at the top rim, and another three bands about 5 inches below that.
In the costume below, they did it wrong by weaving many thin leather strips all together, instead of making them six distinct bands.

To make the Mr. Toys scabbard accurate to 'Conan The Destroyer', I'll do the following:

1) Add a leather 'cuff' around the top of the scabbard, and add a leather arrowhead-shaped tip at the end.
2) Braid three strands of 0.5mm leather string, (about 8 inches long AFTER braiding) You can buy this stuff on eBay.
3) Cut into 6 equal pieces, and glue onto the top and bottom of the leather cuff as shown in the photo below.
4) Repaint the whole scabbard a lighter rusty-tan color, except for the dark rune design.
5) I'll also do some work on the center buckle area and the codpiece.

34247502_1.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the help. The promo pics for the fig show a leather left wrist guard, so that’s what I was expecting. It is a lot more akin to Destroyer.

Back